studying golang code

Keith Brown

Aug 15, 2017, 5:42:45 PM8/15/17
to golang-nuts
Coming from Python, I was told to use study Twisted Matrix code 7 years. I haven't regretted it.  Take a look at it yourself, http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/16.1.0/core/howto/trial.html

Now, as I learn golang, are there any worth while projects I can use as reference for writing high quality go code? I am not necessary looking for code standards but more of code setup and quality so I can practice those principles.

Konstantin Khomoutov

Aug 16, 2017, 3:33:56 AM8/16/17
to Keith Brown, golang-nuts
On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 02:42:45PM -0700, Keith Brown wrote:

[...]
> Now, as I learn golang, are there any worth while projects I can use as
> reference for writing high quality go code? I am not necessary looking for
> code standards but more of code setup and quality so I can practice those
> principles.

The Go standard library.

Hugo Torres

Aug 16, 2017, 1:38:04 PM8/16/17
to golang-nuts
One of the things I love about Go is that the standard library is very readable, even for beginners (relative to the standard libraries of other languages).

I think the database/sql package is great. The way it uses interfaces to handle testing is a good example of good quality code IMO.