Debugging error: plugin.Open: plugin was built with a different version of package

voidlogic

Oct 19, 2017, 10:37:53 AM10/19/17
to golang-nuts
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know how to debug "plugin.Open: plugin was built with a different version of package"?

I have a 'normal' binary and a plugin built on two different machines. Both machines have the same version of go, and the same commit revision of the repo with the code that is shared by the plugin and the host process (the interfaces they use to communicate).

But, I still get: plugin.Open: plugin was built with a different version of package MYSHAREDPKG

Has anyone encountered this before?

At first I was getting this for the errors package, and then I realized I was using Go 1.8.3 and 1.9 and have since ensure go 1.8.3 is being used for both.

I wish I could find out more about what plugin thinks is different...

Thanks!

Miki Tebeka

Oct 23, 2017, 2:21:14 AM10/23/17
to golang-nuts
This happened to me as well when using vendored dependencies. Is this your case? If so move the dependencies to GOPATH

Bruno Albuquerque

Oct 23, 2017, 11:45:57 AM10/23/17
to Miki Tebeka, golang-nuts
This is most likely https://github.com/golang/go/issues/21373