Parsing OpenSSH ed25519 private keys

Chandru

Nov 15, 2017, 12:09:29 PM11/15/17
to Go Mailing List
Can x/crypto/ssh parse OpenSSH's ed25519 private key files?

ParseRawPrivateKeyWithPassphrase returns "ssh: cannot decode encrypted private keys" as error.

--
Chandra Sekar.S

m...@anmol.io

Nov 16, 2017, 11:43:57 AM11/16/17
to golang-nuts
x/crypto/ssh does support OpenSSH's ed25519 private key files.

However, it looks like it does not support encrypted private keys in the OpenSSH format.

Nurahmadie Nurahmadie

Nov 19, 2017, 11:50:16 AM11/19/17
to m...@anmol.io, golang-nuts
Hi Chandru,

I made a library to support openssh ed25519 key format.
It can be used as a drop-in replacement of `ssh.ParsePrivateKey` as shown here: https://github.com/fudanchii/edssh

regards,
Nurahmadie

Anmol Sethi

Nov 19, 2017, 12:17:07 PM11/19/17
to Nurahmadie Nurahmadie, golang-nuts

Nurahmadie Nurahmadie

Nov 19, 2017, 1:33:57 PM11/19/17
to Anmol Sethi, golang-nuts
Correct, apologies I think I'm half asleep when I replied before. Please ignore my reply before.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 12:16 AM, Anmol Sethi <m...@anmol.io> wrote:
That library will not work either.