help with openpgp error: tag byte does not have MSB set

Diego Medina

Nov 23, 2018, 2:32:15 AM11/23/18
to golang-nuts
Hi,

At work we get pgp encrypted files from different vendors, when our app tries to decrypt the file from one of them, I get:

openpgp: invalid data: tag byte does not have MSB set

But if I use the gpg command line, I'm able to decrypt it.

Part of the verbose output from gpg when it decrypts it is:

gpg --decrypt-files -vvv xyz.zip.pgp
gpg: using character set `utf-8'
gpg: armor: BEGIN PGP MESSAGE
gpg: armor header: Version: EldoS PGPBlackbox (.NET edition)
:pubkey enc packet: version 3, algo 1, keyid AFF537579B90F252
    data: [4095 bits]
gpg: public key encrypted data: good DEK
:pubkey enc packet: version 3, algo 1, keyid <removed from paste>
    data: [4095 bits]
gpg: public key is <removed from paste>
:encrypted data packet:
    length: unknown
    mdc_method: 2

:literal data packet:
    mode b (62), created 1542720445, name="xyz.zip",
    raw data: unknown length
gpg: original file name='xyz.zip'
gpg: decryption okay

Any help solving this, or even better understand it would be great.

Thanks

Diego