proposal: golang.org/x/exp/shiny: an experimental GUI library.

Nigel Tao

Jul 22, 2015, 3:25:36 AM7/22/15
to golang-dev, Rob 'Commander' Pike, David Crawshaw, Andrew Gerrand
First and foremost, this is an experiment. This is not 'the official
Go GUI (Graphical User Interface) library' or the only blessed way to
do things. Unlike a well-understood problem like decoding a JPEG image
into an in-memory buffer, there are many possible approaches to GUIs,
including existing code both under golang.org/x/mobile and elsewhere.
This is simply an exploration. I've reached the point where I have an
interesting if minimal demo, and I'd like to share and discuss the
code, design and ideas.

Read about it at https://github.com/golang/go/issues/11818