x/crypto/cryptobyte: question about adding to the API

andrey mirtchovski

Apr 20, 2018, 11:17:31 AM4/20/18
to golang-dev
We frequently have to deal with asn.1 formatted with context-specific
tags even for things like integers, for example:

http://lapo.it/asn1js/#A0108004010203048102050682040708090A

To do that efficiently with cryptobyte I've added two additional
functions to marshal such values to and from int64:

func (b *Builder) AddInt64(tag asn1.Tag, v int64)
func (s *String) ReadASN1Int64(out *int64, tag asn1.Tag) bool

I assume versions for uint64 will also be required.

What is the preferred method to see if these are worthy of
contributing? I would like to create an issue to discuss this before
submitting a PR but I don't see an option to do so on github. I could
also just submit a PR?

Russ Cox

Apr 20, 2018, 11:40:09 AM4/20/18
to andrey mirtchovski, Filippo Valsorda, Adam Langley, golang-dev
+agl, filippo

andrey mirtchovski

Apr 20, 2018, 11:48:30 AM4/20/18
to Russ Cox, Filippo Valsorda, Adam Langley, golang-dev
I finally noted at the bottom of the crypto readme that the main go
issue tracker is used for this.

I've created: https://github.com/golang/go/issues/24973

sorry for the noise.
>> email to golang-dev+...@googlegroups.com.

Adam Langley

Apr 20, 2018, 12:38:36 PM4/20/18
to andrey mirtchovski, Russ Cox, fil...@golang.org, golang-dev
On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 8:48 AM andrey mirtchovski <mirtc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I finally noted at the bottom of the crypto readme that the main go
issue tracker is used for this.

I've created: https://github.com/golang/go/issues/24973

(Answered on bug.)