Unsure about how to fix an unreported bug.

gabriel russell

Aug 22, 2016, 8:49:24 PM8/22/16
to golan...@googlegroups.com
I found a bug, and I know how to fix it. I would like to.

I doesn't seem like the contribution guidelines offer a real pathway to getting the fix in.

It seems like bug fixes should be tied to issues, but while I can create issues, I can't assign them to myself. It looks like the contribution guidelines are based on the assumption that I should be able to claim an issue for myself, and I don't see how to do that.

Thanks,
Gabriel

Ian Lance Taylor

Aug 22, 2016, 8:54:15 PM8/22/16
to gabriel russell, golan...@googlegroups.com
It is not necessary to open an issue in order to send in a change that
fixes a bug.

You can effectively claim an issue for yourself by adding a comment on
the issue. Or open an issue and say "I will send in a fix."

Ian