Build system upgrade

Brad Fitzpatrick

Sep 22, 2016, 5:56:10 PM9/22/16
to golang-dev
I'm restarting the Go build system in a moment for https://golang.org/cl/29551

There should be no user-visible changes, and things were tested in staging, but who knows.

The fun user visible changes will come later.

I'll announce when things are clear. Your gomote will need to be updated after the CL above is submitted.

Brad Fitzpatrick

Sep 22, 2016, 7:14:48 PM9/22/16
to golang-dev
Things seem happy.

CL submitted.

If you use gomote, be sure to update:

Brad Fitzpatrick

Sep 23, 2016, 11:10:03 PM9/23/16
to golang-dev
Round 2.

The builders are being updated starting ~now to speed up the linux-arm trybots (https://golang.org/issue/17105).

This should get us most if not all the way to 5 minute trybots.

Things worked in staging. I'll post when things are confirmed happy in prod.

Brad Fitzpatrick

Sep 23, 2016, 11:28:06 PM9/23/16
to golang-dev
All good.

mikioh...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2016, 8:52:11 PM9/24/16
to golang-dev
have you already finished VMware migration for OS X/macOS too?

Brad Fitzpatrick

Sep 24, 2016, 9:16:54 PM9/24/16
to Mikio Hara, golang-dev
Yes.

It could be better, but we have Mac capacity now (20 VMs) and tools to automate their creation at various OS X versions, booting a fresh world into the buildlet in 60 seconds. Plenty of room for optimization there later, but it's no longer the bottleneck.

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 5:51 PM, <mikioh...@gmail.com> wrote:
have you already finished VMware migration for OS X/macOS too?

mikioh...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2016, 9:30:28 PM9/24/16
to golang-dev
thanks a lot.