cmd/trace and high resolution timer

Brad Fitzpatrick

Jul 19, 2016, 2:16:37 PM7/19/16
to golang-dev, Dmitry Vyukov
Whenever I use cmd/trace, be it on:

* OS X laptop
* Linux GCE instance
* physical Linux host at my house (Ubuntu Xenial)

... I always get the "warning: low resolution timers are in use! results may be useless!" warning. (or whatever the exact wording is)

What does it take to get high resolution timers and no warning?

Dmitry Vyukov

Jul 19, 2016, 2:39:13 PM7/19/16
to Brad Fitzpatrick, golang-dev
I can't find the message anywhere in the sources. What does print it?

Caleb Spare

Jul 19, 2016, 2:39:31 PM7/19/16
to Brad Fitzpatrick, golang-dev, Dmitry Vyukov
In https://github.com/golang/go/issues/16247 Dmitry wrote "It's not harmful. Just ignore it."

It would be nice to hide the warning, though.

-Caleb

Brad Fitzpatrick

Jul 19, 2016, 2:40:53 PM7/19/16
to Caleb Spare, golang-dev, Dmitry Vyukov
I reopened that bug. Thanks.