permission to use Go Playground web service from iOS Git client

Anders Borum

Jun 22, 2016, 8:32:53 AM6/22/16
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody

I make a Git client for iOS letting people clone, edit, commit & review repositories on their phone or tablet.

For javascript I allow evaluation of code. I would like to do this for Go as well, by using the Playground web service.

I expect very light usage. My application is far from a mass market product and it has as little as 10 daily Go users.

The web-service would be used with the user agent
Working%20Copy/2.8.13.4 CFNetwork/758.4.3 Darwin/15.5.0
where everything after the first slash will change with application and operating system version.

Would it be acceptable to use the Go Playground web service for this?

Best regards,
Anders Borum

Huy Tr.

Jun 26, 2016, 12:48:01 AM6/26/16
to golang-dev, and...@workingcopyapp.com
I think you can host a Playground on your own server. Don't make a call directly to the official Playground.

Shameless PR: I also made an alternative for Playground and it's lighter, just in case you want to check it out, here is the link: https://github.com/huytd/go-play

Josh Bleecher Snyder

Jun 26, 2016, 10:45:01 AM6/26/16
to Huy Tr., Andrew Gerrand, golang-dev, and...@workingcopyapp.com

I think you can host a Playground on your own server. Don't make a call directly to the official Playground.

Many people make calls to the official playground. It is officially approved, if given permission.

Andrew?

I make a Git client for iOS letting people clone, edit, commit & review repositories on their phone or tablet.

I expect very light usage. My application is far from a mass market product and it has as little as 10 daily Go users.

FWIW, I'm one of those 10, and looking forward to possible playground integration. :)

Josh

Andrew Gerrand

Jun 26, 2016, 6:43:30 PM6/26/16
to Anders Borum, golang-dev
Yep, that's fine.

Anders Borum

Jun 27, 2016, 7:27:27 AM6/27/16
to Andrew Gerrand, golang-dev
Thanks. I expect to have something ready in about 3 weeks.

Please let me know if something I am doing is wasteful and I will adjust quickly. I would hate to be a drain on your resources.