Re: How do I delete a go playground instance?

Message has been deleted

Matt Layher

Jan 5, 2017, 4:13:19 PM1/5/17
to golang-dev, phillip...@enterworks.com
This mailing list is for discussion of the development of the Go programming language.  The list you're most likely looking for is go-nuts.

To answer your question, I'm unsure if it is possible to remove a playground file.

I recommend that you discard any sensitive information shared in the playground link and regenerate it for whatever project you are working on.

- Matt

Russ Cox

Jan 5, 2017, 9:48:01 PM1/5/17
to Matt Layher, golang-dev, phillip...@enterworks.com
The answer today is to email me privately with the link to delete. Assuming no one else has guessed and loaded the URL, that might be fine for mitigation of a unimportant unwanted file being shared.

I deleted the snippet you mentioned. But as Matt said, you posted this link to a public mailing list, so you will need to do whatever is appropriate to account for the fact that whatever secret was there was publicly findable for a few hours and is no longer secret.

We should probably have a note somewhere on the playground answering this question, since this is the second time it's happened in the past few months. I created golang.org/issue/18530 for that.

Russ