client + daemon pattern in stdlib

tech...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2018, 1:25:08 AM1/12/18
to golang-dev
Projects like Jobber and LXD are using client and daemon pattern for user interface and system service respectively. Both need to solve the same communication problem. I wonder if this problem can be abstracted enough to be included in standard library with tests and docs?

Brad Fitzpatrick

Jan 12, 2018, 10:42:21 AM1/12/18
to tech...@gmail.com, golang-dev
We're not actively adding things to the standard library.

Go is a sufficiently powerful language with which to build your own abstractions, though. For discussion of such topics, the golang-nuts mailing list is probably the best forum.