Go 1.10 tree is open

Ian Lance Taylor

Aug 7, 2017, 7:09:50 PM8/7/17
to golan...@googlegroups.com
The master branch is now open for 1.10 changes.

Please try to avoid any massive rearrangements for the next week or
so, in case we turn up any more problems before the final 1.9 release.
Ordinary patches are now fine.

Happy hacking.

Ian

niek.s...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2017, 11:15:35 AM8/18/17
to golang-dev
For existing Gerrit reviews waiting because of the 1.9 code freeze, is there an etiquette for bringing them back up for consideration?

Thanks,
Niek

Josh Bleecher Snyder

Aug 18, 2017, 12:27:38 PM8/18/17
to niek.s...@gmail.com, golang-dev
> For existing Gerrit reviews waiting because of the 1.9 code freeze, is there
> an etiquette for bringing them back up for consideration?

Just writing "ping" is fine, thanks. Feel free to ping changes every
week or so, if they're not obviously waiting for some external factor
to get resolved.

Ideally, a bot would ping languishing changes for us, so that
contributors don't feel awkward about it. (Don't feel awkward, it's
fine!) Someday, maybe.

-josh

André Carvalho

Aug 18, 2017, 2:13:15 PM8/18/17
to Josh Bleecher Snyder, niek.s...@gmail.com, golang-dev
Is rebasing the cl ok as a way to ping?

André Carvalho

Josh Bleecher Snyder

Aug 18, 2017, 2:19:13 PM8/18/17
to André Carvalho, golang-dev, niek.s...@gmail.com
It's a fine idea to rebase, but I recommend actually saying ping; it is more likely to have the desired effect. :)

-j