Gitlab Source Repos?

Kyle Clarke

Aug 15, 2016, 11:00:55 AM8/15/16
to golan...@googlegroups.com
I see GoDoc supports Bitbucket, GitHub, Google Project Hosting and Launchpad - are/is there any plans to also support Gitlab in future?

It's growing in popularity and I have a package I want to open source, but would prefer to use the godoc tooling.

Thanks
Kyle

Brad Fitzpatrick

Aug 15, 2016, 11:07:47 AM8/15/16
to Kyle Clarke, golang-dev
GitLab is open source. Can GitLab support Go instead? It's hard to support GitLab when there's no particular hostname to match on.

(see "go help importpath")

In particular, start reading at this point:

If the import path is not a known code hosting site and also lacks a
version control qualifier, the go tool attempts to fetch the import
over https/http and looks for a <meta> tag in the document's HTML
<head>.

The meta tag has the form:

Markus Zimmermann

Aug 15, 2016, 11:31:35 AM8/15/16
to golang-dev, ky...@kylehq.com
According to https://github.com/gitlabhq/gitlabhq/pull/5958 and https://github.com/gitlabhq/gitlabhq/pull/7693 GitLab already supports Go through the meta tag.

Kyle Clarke

Aug 15, 2016, 5:33:31 PM8/15/16
to Markus Zimmermann, golang-dev
Thanks all for your input - I have gone through the guidelines and rendered all AOK locally. I will make my Gitlab project public shortly and attempt to add to godoc.org =]

matthew...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2017, 10:36:14 AM10/19/17
to golang-dev
Hi Kyle,

Did you successfully get your gitlab-based repo onto godoc.org? If so, would appreciate an update.

Thanks!

Kevin Burke

Oct 19, 2017, 12:36:14 PM10/19/17
to golang-dev
I host a Gitlab CLI client written in Go at gitlab.com/kevinburke/gitlab. "go get gitlab.com/kevinburke/gitlab" clones the source repository without any problems, and has for at least a month (since I wrote the tool).

louki.sumir...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2018, 7:37:42 AM8/26/18
to golang-dev
I'm not sure why you misunderstood the OP, but it's not about using go get, but about godoc.org pulling from godoc. The idea of gitlab running a godoc instance is interesting but I'm pretty sure it would be more work than godoc.org being able to retrieve gitlab repositories to display.

And... yes they already work!

Only glitch I'm having now is that when I first prompted godoc to pull the repo there was a package in it, that is no longer present. Obviously this is a caching issue? Maybe a bug?

See this:

You can see that is no longer in the repository: (I had to rewrite it because of huge nil pointer problems. Solved now :D)

https://gitlab.com/parallelcoin/duo/tree/master/pkg

louki.sumir...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2018, 7:38:20 AM8/26/18
to golang-dev