Go 1.9 Release Candidate 2 is released

Chris Broadfoot

Aug 7, 2017, 6:11:51 PM8/7/17
to golang-nuts
Hello gophers,

We have just released go1.9rc2, a release candidate of Go 1.9.
It is cut from release-branch.go1.9 at the revision tagged go1.9rc2.

Thank you to everyone who has helped to test Go 1.9 so far.
We still need more people to test, especially on production workloads.
Your help is invaluable.

Report any problems using the issue tracker:

If you have Go installed already, the easiest way to try go1.9rc2
is by using this tool:

You can download binary and source distributions from the usual place:

To find out what has changed in Go 1.9, read the draft release notes:

Documentation for Go 1.9 is available at:

Cheers,
Chris