Gerrit merge emails do not list the author

Dave Cheney

Oct 11, 2017, 11:13:49 PM10/11/17
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I’ve noticed that the merge messages from Gerrit lack the author of the change. I think this may be a recent regression. Can someone with the Gerrit bit please take a look.

Thanks

Dave

Han-Wen Nienhuys

Oct 12, 2017, 7:02:31 AM10/12/17
to Dave Cheney, golang-dev
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:13 AM, Dave Cheney <da...@cheney.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’ve noticed that the merge messages from Gerrit lack the author of the change. I think this may be a recent regression. Can someone with the Gerrit bit please take a look.

Example URL ? Example merge message?

> Thanks
>
> Dave
>
> --

Google Germany GmbH, Erika-Mann-Strasse 33, 80636 Munich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado

Russ Cox

Oct 12, 2017, 9:45:58 AM10/12/17
to Han-Wen Nienhuys, Dave Cheney, golang-dev
I don't see any difference between a recent email and an email from December 2016.

It's true that neither lists the commit's Author line anywhere - the second below is by Artyom Pervukhin, for example, and you can't tell that. It would be nice if it did.

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:02 AM, 'Han-Wen Nienhuys' via golang-dev <golan...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:13 AM, Dave Cheney <da...@cheney.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’ve noticed that the merge messages from Gerrit lack the author of the change. I think this may be a recent regression. Can someone with the Gerrit bit please take a look.

Example URL ? Example merge message?

> Thanks
>
> Dave
>
> --

Google Germany GmbH, Erika-Mann-Strasse 33, 80636 Munich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado

Han-Wen Nienhuys

Oct 12, 2017, 10:01:05 AM10/12/17
to Dave Cheney, golang-dev
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys <han...@google.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:13 AM, Dave Cheney <da...@cheney.net> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I’ve noticed that the merge messages from Gerrit lack the author of the change. I think this may be a recent regression. Can someone with the Gerrit bit please take a look.
>
> Example URL ? Example merge message?

I opened https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=7412

No promises about when someone will look at this.