Go 1.10 Beta 2 is released

Andrew Bonventre

Jan 11, 2018, 2:45:04 PM1/11/18
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hello gophers,

We have just released go1.10beta2, a beta version of Go 1.10.
It is cut from the master branch at the revision tagged go1.10beta2.

There are no known problems or regressions.

Please try running production load tests and your unit tests with the new version.
Your help testing these pre-release versions is invaluable.

Report any problems using the issue tracker:

If you have Go installed already, the easiest way to try go1.10beta2
is by using this tool:

You can download binary and source distributions from the usual place:

To find out what has changed in Go 1.10, read the draft release notes:

Documentation for Go 1.10 is available at:

Cheers,
The Go Team

jerome....@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2018, 4:56:49 AM1/13/18
to golang-dev
Hello gophers,
It will be great if someone could update the docker image with this release.
As https://hub.docker.com/_/golang/ seems stick with 1.10 Beta1.

Many thx in adv
Jérôme

Dave Cheney

Jan 13, 2018, 5:18:59 AM1/13/18
to jerome....@gmail.com, golang-dev
That image isn’t maintained by us.

I suggest logging and issue on that image’s maintainers github, https://github.com/docker-library/golang/issues

Olivier Mengué

Jan 24, 2018, 3:27:49 PM1/24/18
to golang-dev
The beta2 release notes says: "Go 1.10 is the last release that will run on Windows XP or Windows Vista. Go 1.11 will require Windows 7 or later."

Is it just about the toolchain, or also about the runtime, which means with 1.11 we'll not be able to even cross-build binaries for old Windows with latest runtime/stdlib fixes.

I'm not personally concerned by Windows XP/Vista support, but some other might, so at least this need a clarification in the release notes.

Olivier.

Ian Lance Taylor

Jan 24, 2018, 3:48:56 PM1/24/18
to Olivier Mengué, golang-dev
It is also about the runtime. To me, that is what it already says: Go
1.11 will require Windows 7 or later. Any suggestions for how to word
it more clearly?

Ian