Go 1.7.5 and Go 1.8rc3 are released

Chris Broadfoot

Jan 26, 2017, 4:19:05 PM1/26/17
to golang-announce
Hello gophers,

We have just released go1.7.5, which includes fixes to the compiler,
runtime, and the crypto/x509 and time packages.
You can download binary and source distributions from the Go web site:

We also released go1.8rc3, a release candidate of Go 1.8.
It is cut from release-branch.go1.8 at the revision tagged go1.8rc3.

Thank you to everyone who has helped to test Go 1.8 so far.
Your help is invaluable.

Report any problems using the issue tracker:

If you have Go installed already, the easiest way to try go1.8rc3
is by using this tool:

You can download binary and source distributions from the usual place:

To find out what has changed in Go 1.8, read the draft release notes:

Documentation for Go 1.8 is available at:

Our goal is to release the final version of Go 1.8 on February 1st.

Cheers,
Chris