Go App Engine SDK 1.6.4 released

Andrew Gerrand

Mar 28, 2012, 12:03:46 PM3/28/12
to google-appengine-go, golang-nuts, golang-...@googlegroups.com
We have just released version 1.6.4 of the Go App Engine SDK.
You can download it from the App Engine downloads page:
http://developers.google.com/appengine/downloads

This release is based on Go 1, the latest release of Go.
For information about updating your apps to work with Go 1,
and to learn more about Go 1 generally, read the release notes:
http://golang.org/doc/go1.html

This release also includes changes to the Go App Engine APIs
that may require code changes. Some of these changes can be
made mechanically with the 'gofix' tool included in the SDK.
For example:
/path/to/sdk/gofix /path/to/your/app

The changes are summarized in the Go SDK release notes:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/wiki/SdkForGoReleaseNotes

This new SDK also uses a new api_version string: go1.
You will need to update your app.yaml accordingly.

We have deprecated api_version 3. Go apps that use api_version 3
will stop working after May 31 2012. Please update your apps to
use api_version go1 before then.

Please direct any questions about the new SDK to the Go App Engine
discussion group:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-go

For more information see the Go SDK announcement blog post:
http://googleappengine.blogspot.com/2012/03/go-version-1-now-on-app-engine.html
and the Go 1 announcement blog post:
http://blog.golang.org/2012/03/go-version-1-is-released.html

Cheers,