Go 1.8 Beta 2 is released

Chris Broadfoot

Dec 15, 2016, 4:37:43 PM12/15/16
to golang-announce
Hello gophers,

We have just released go1.8beta2, a beta version of Go 1.8.
It is cut from the master branch at the revision tagged go1.8beta2.

Thank you to everyone who has helped to test Go 1.8 so far.
We still need more people to test! Your help is invaluable.

It is important that we find bugs *before* issuing a release candidate.
The release candidate is planned for the first week of January.

Report any problems using the issue tracker:
https://golang.org/issue/new

Download the beta with this new tool:
https://godoc.org/golang.org/x/build/version/go1.8beta2

You can download binary and source distributions from the usual place:
https://golang.org/dl/#go1.8beta2

To find out what has changed in Go 1.8, read the draft release notes:
https://beta.golang.org/doc/go1.8

Documentation for Go 1.8 is available at:
https://beta.golang.org/

Our goal is to release the final version of Go 1.8 on February 1st.

Cheers,
Chris