Guava exception

Greg Zhang

May 20, 2016, 2:35:03 PM5/20/16
to gobblin-users
Hi,

I run latest gobblin in stand alone mode, got the following exception, the guava version used is 15,  can this be fixed by newer guava version of library?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.base.Stopwatch.createUnstarted()Lcom/google/common/base/Stopwatch;
        at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ServiceManager$ServiceListener.<init>(ServiceManager.java:593)
        at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ServiceManager.<init>(ServiceManager.java:177)
        at gobblin.scheduler.SchedulerDaemon.<init>(SchedulerDaemon.java:82)
        at gobblin.scheduler.SchedulerDaemon.main(SchedulerDaemon.java:151)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.base.Stopwatch.createUnstarted()Lcom/google/common/base/Stopwatch;
        at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ServiceManager$ServiceListener.<init>(ServiceManager.java:593)
        at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ServiceManager.<init>(ServiceManager.java:177)
        at gobblin.scheduler.SchedulerDaemon.<init>(SchedulerDaemon.java:82)
        at gobblin.scheduler.SchedulerDaemon.main(SchedulerDaemon.java:151)

Thanks,
Greg.
~

Sahil Takiar

May 20, 2016, 2:57:06 PM5/20/16
to Greg Zhang, gobblin-users
Basically, Guava 11.0.2 is getting put on the classpath somewhere. Guava 11.0.2 doesn't contain the Stopwatch.createUnstarted() method, which is why this exception gets thrown. Are you building Gobblin manually, as in did you clone the repo run "./gradlew assemble"? Can you check your classpath to see if it contains guava-11.0.2?

--Sahil

Greg Zhang

May 20, 2016, 4:00:15 PM5/20/16
to gobblin-users
Hi Sahil,

Yes, i check the guava version we used is 11.0.2, so that is the root cause.

Thanks,
GZ.