Signal QQmlEngine::quit() emitted, but no receivers connected to handle it.

Brian Wigginton

Feb 25, 2015, 10:19:58 PM2/25/15
to go-...@googlegroups.com
I'm helping out on the limetext project (http://limetext.org) and can't seem to get cmd+q to work properly with our QML frontend. When I hit cmd+q I get the following log message:

Signal QQmlEngine::quit() emitted, but no receivers connected to handle it.

I did a search on this list and did find a thread from 2013 that mentioned being able to use something like the following:

 engine.On("quit", func() {
     log
.Debug("app should quit")

})

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to catch the signal and I get the same logging message above. Am I missing something simple? Here is a link to the area and the engine that I've hooked up to. Just imagine the above code sample put exactly on the following line:

Thanks all,

-Brian

Also, if any of you go-qml devs are interested in helping out on an open source project, come check out lime text! We're fairly active on the gitter chat also.

Gustavo Niemeyer

Feb 25, 2015, 11:28:25 PM2/25/15
to Brian Wigginton, Go QML
Hi Brian,

The logic you mention of hooking up on the quit signal still works for me.

You can easily test it by putting this content in a file:

    import QtQuick 2.0
    Item { Component.onCompleted: Qt.quit() }

And then loading it with example/qmlscene:

    ./qmlscene quit.qml

This should work fine. If I comment out the engine.On("quit", ...) logic in qmlscene.go, I get the same error you describe:

    $ ./qmlscene quit.qml
    2015/02/26 01:26:19 qqmlengine.cpp:1756: Signal QQmlEngine::quit() emitted, but no receivers connected to handle it.

and the process won't exit.

Can you please try it out with the sample, and investigate how it differs from the failing environment?