Using QuantumOS with go-qml

Henry Bubert

Dec 24, 2014, 1:23:29 PM12/24/14
to go-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I recognize that both of these projects are very early bleeding edge and moving targets but I wanted to ask if sonebody experimented with quantumOS[1] and could tell a little about the intersection between both and possible possibilities to use it to build desktop apps with go using the material design.

Kind regards,

Henry

[1] - https://quantum-os.github.io/

Gustavo Niemeyer

Jan 6, 2015, 11:38:00 AM1/6/15
to Henry Bubert, go-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Henry,

I haven't attempted anything in that direction myself, but it seems straightforward: it's Linux based upon Arch Linux, and Qt's QML, so should be trivial to get Go QML working there.

Please let us know how it goes.

Henry Bubert

Jan 7, 2015, 6:09:54 AM1/7/15
to go-...@googlegroups.com, el.rey....@gmail.com
Thanks for the encouragement, I should have tried this earlier but it seemed unwieldy without any knowledge of QT.

After installing qml-extras[1] and qml-material[2], the demo[3] of material runs (mostly*) fine with the qmlscene[4] tool.

I want to see if it works on OSX next and if it does, see if I can whip up a more complex test like a small HN viewer.

mostly* means that everything works except the Progress Bar, but that could also be an issue on the qml-matierial side.

2015/01/07 12:05:35 ProgressBarDemo.qml:22: file:////home/cryptix/play/qml-material/demo/ProgressBarDemo.qml:22:17: QML NumberAnimation: Cannot animate non-existent property "value

ps: I installed the hole qt5 group on archlinux, just to be save.

Kind regards,

Henry