Active development on limetext/qml-go

Matt Peterson

Jun 27, 2016, 4:44:59 PM6/27/16
to go-qml
Since it seems like the github.com/go-qml/qml repository is not under active development anymore, we have created a fork for the Limetext project: https://github.com/limetext/qml-go. I have included many of the pull requests already on the go-qml/qml project, and made numerous other improvements:
  • RunMain is now much faster
  • RunMain now returns when correct func is run
  • Code is split into several files instead of one huge qml.go
  • `go test` now runs, although some work is needed to make tests pass
  • Sending nil to javascript functions works correctly now
  • Code panics less frequently, returning errors instead in some cases
  • Detects and prevents objects being used after destruction
  • Static building on Windows is possible
  • In Progress: Larger QPainter API and Go-side subclassing of QAbstractItemModel

Ignazio Di Napoli

Jul 4, 2016, 8:37:25 AM7/4/16
to go-qml
On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 10:44:59 PM UTC+2, Matt Peterson wrote:
Since it seems like the github.com/go-qml/qml repository is not under active development anymore, we have created a fork for the Limetext project: https://github.com/limetext/qml-go. I have included many of the pull requests already on the go-qml/qml project, and made numerous other improvements:

I like this: if all the efforts are in a single fork, the better.
There are other improvements to be ported from other forks: first of all, Go 1.6 compatibility (effort is being done by SjB, but for my use case it is still insufficient).

Thank you.

Joakim Lundborg

Jul 4, 2016, 4:07:37 PM7/4/16
to go-qml
I would like to hear Gustavo's opinion on this, perhaps he is looking for help maintaining go-qml?

In any case, I appreciate the initiative, I have a few PRs and patches I'm maintaining, which I would love to upstream somewhere, preferrably mainline =)

PS: Really appreciate the work you are doing on limetext, keep it up!

-- Joakim

Ignazio Di Napoli

Jul 5, 2016, 5:59:26 AM7/5/16
to go-qml
On Monday, July 4, 2016 at 10:07:37 PM UTC+2, Joakim Lundborg wrote:
I would like to hear Gustavo's opinion on this, perhaps he is looking for help maintaining go-qml?

If I understand well, go-qml has some Canonical involvement: I don't know how easy would it be to help maintaing it versus making a mantained fork.

Alex Walker

Jan 20, 2017, 12:11:35 PM1/20/17
to go-qml
Hey, are you still working on this? I've checkout the go16 branch however when `CGO_ENABLE=1` on build (of gopher) I get the error: `panic: runtime error: cgo argument has Go pointer to Go pointer`. I'm `go version go1.7.1`

If you know anything more about the status of using the qml library with versions of Go later than 1.6, would be great to find out.
Thanks
Alex

Ignazio Di Napoli

Jan 20, 2017, 2:07:23 PM1/20/17
to go-qml
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 6:11:35 PM UTC+1, Alex Walker wrote:
If you know anything more about the status of using the qml library with versions of Go later than 1.6, would be great to find out.

Alex Walker

Jan 21, 2017, 7:45:58 AM1/21/17
to go-qml
Thanks yeah that worked.

Anyone statically built this into a go binary? I've followed the instructions here: wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/Building_static_Qt_5 to build QT statically, however I cant get `go build` to statically build it into the binary. Any one had any luck with this?

Joe Blue

Mar 14, 2017, 6:39:52 AM3/14/17
to go-qml
I switched to the recipe/Qt on github.