[Feature Request] Notification Extension point

srinivas upadhya

Jan 16, 2015, 12:21:53 AM1/16/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
Im working towards introducing Notification extension point. sample plugin.

There are multiple type of plugins that can be written around this. Eg: Notification (Email, Chat, IDE, etc.), Reporting/Analytics, Monitoring.

The current implementation only supports "stage status change" notification. Hopefully I should be able to add more soon.

Do let me know if someone has specific interest in this & have some feedback/questions.

srinivas upadhya

Jan 22, 2015, 4:27:37 AM1/22/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
This is done. Going in 15.1.0 (Developer Docs).

Ashwanth Kumar

Jan 23, 2015, 10:44:40 PM1/23/15
to srinivas upadhya, go...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Context - I'm building a slack notification plugin using this extension point.

Question - In your email notification example, the fromUser and toUser values are empty. Do we've a configuration view for the plugin? How do I accept parameters for the plugin from the user? In my case, the webhook url is configurable. I see notification plugin runs in the context of the server so I could use environment variables, but is there any other way?

Feedback - The `stage-result` in the response comes as "Failed" (when a stage fails) irrespective of the number of consecutive failures. Is it possible to return the existing convention of "Failed" / "Broken" / "Fixed" / "Passed"?

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 2:57 PM, srinivas upadhya <srinivas...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is done. Going in 15.1.0 (Developer Docs).

Ashwanth Kumar / ashwanthkumar.in

srinivas upadhya

Jan 23, 2015, 11:52:16 PM1/23/15
to go...@googlegroups.com, srinivas...@gmail.com, ashwan...@googlemail.com

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 9:14:40 AM UTC+5:30, Ashwanth Kumar wrote:
Hi,

Context - I'm building a slack notification plugin using this extension point.

Awesome!

Question - In your email notification example, the fromUser and toUser values are empty. Do we've a configuration view for the plugin? How do I accept parameters for the plugin from the user? In my case, the webhook url is configurable. I see notification plugin runs in the context of the server so I could use environment variables, but is there any other way?

Yes i have left SMTP connection details empty so people can hard-code or read from system property/environment variables/file to set it. Praveen is working on global plugin configuration where plugins will be able to provide an UI for accepting such configurations on 'Plugin listing page' & store them future use. Once that's done these values could come from there.

Feedback - The `stage-result` in the response comes as "Failed" (when a stage fails) irrespective of the number of consecutive failures. Is it possible to return the existing convention of "Failed" / "Broken" / "Fixed" / "Passed"?

Let me check if that's possible.

Thanks for the feedback!

李伟男

Jan 27, 2015, 2:28:20 AM1/27/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, we really need this function that we are planning to play sound notification through a big speak when the build is started, broken and fixed.

Mark Crossfield

Feb 5, 2015, 5:01:34 AM2/5/15
to go...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, 16 January 2015 05:21:53 UTC, srinivas upadhya wrote:

Do let me know if someone has specific interest in this & have some feedback/questions.

Hello

Here are some suggestions I posted to a thread on the go-cd-dev group.

We would like to see APIs made available for clients to subscribe to events, so that people can develop plugins which integrate more deeply with Go’s inner workings. For example:
  • Pipelines: build being scheduled, job completion, stage completion, state transitions (failed, passed, building…). These should include relevant information around commit messages, versions, repos, users…
  • Agents: agent being used, agent becoming free, agent being added, agent being disabled, aggregated numbers of agents available based on specified resource combinations (to monitor whether more or less agents are required)…
  • Monitoring: HTTP response code levels, response times percentiles grouped by code or verb or similar, amount of time jobs have to wait for agents…

srinivas upadhya

Mar 20, 2015, 11:32:13 PM3/20/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
Trying to add additional data to the payload in PR - https://github.com/gocd/gocd/pull/968. Let me know if someone has any feedback.