How to create template based pipeline using API

Agustin Escamez

Feb 26, 2014, 6:28:26 AM2/26/14
to go-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to create a new tamplate  based pipeline using the API. In case it's not possible, could someone post a json example to create a new pipeline?

Beside this, once the code is opensource, Any initial guidance to implement such functionality by myself?

Thanks in advance.

srinivas upadhya

Feb 26, 2014, 7:00:51 AM2/26/14
to go-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Agustin,

Currently Go supports minimal pipeline creation via the Rest API. (documentation - http://www.thoughtworks.com/products/docs/go/current/help/Configuration_API.html)

It does not support creating pipeline based on template. Also the API is not exhaustive enough i.e. it does not allow creation of pipeline with multiple materials, stage, job with all possible settings for pipeline, material, stage, job, tasks etc.

We have this feature in our backlog. Once Go is made opensource we will log a github issue and assign it you if you still plan to implement it.
We will provide steps to setup developer box & also provide design documentation for the code. Further, we will try to provide all the assistance we can for you to implement this. Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Srinivas

Nicolas Grisey Demengel

Apr 28, 2014, 11:56:58 AM4/28/14
to go-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Srinivas,

This feature would come in handy to automate the creation of similar pipelines, for instance when new branches are detected in a SCM. Any news about it? May I open an issue on Github? I would be glad to work on it if Augustin is not already in the starting blocks :-)

Regards,
Nicolas

srinivas upadhya

May 16, 2014, 8:29:03 AM5/16/14
to go-c...@googlegroups.com
Great to know that you guys want to contribute to Go. In the roadmap we published recently APIs are something we want to improve upon.

There are a few more people interested in contributing to this. We will ask them to join in. Would be happy to provide any help you need.

Here's how you can go about setting up your environment. Let us know if you need something more.

srinivas upadhya

May 16, 2014, 8:35:06 AM5/16/14
to go-c...@googlegroups.com
Sorry the link for setting up your environment is incorrect. Here's the correct link. http://www.go.cd/documentation/2/2.1.html