How to delete all text from beginning of buffer to mark

Angus Comber

May 8, 2017, 10:14:43 AM5/8/17
I am in a large file of text and my cursor is at the start of the text I want. I want to delete all the text before the cursor. I know I can set the mark using C-sp but how do I then select to the beginning of the file?

What is the best way to basically delete all text before the cursor in the buffer?

Loris Bennett

May 8, 2017, 10:21:02 AM5/8/17
Angus Comber <angus...@gmail.com> writes:

> I am in a large file of text and my cursor is at the start of the text
> I want. I want to delete all the text before the cursor. I know I
> can set the mark using C-sp but how do I then select to the beginning
> of the file?

M-<

maybe?

Cheers,