Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

Re: Gnus: Gcc and imap folders

47 просмотров

Tassilo Horn

не прочитано,
12 сент. 2016 г., 10:10:4612.09.2016
– Arash Esbati, help-gn...@gnu.org
Arash Esbati <arash.e...@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Arash,

> I can't get Gcc and threading work reliably in imap folders. Here an
> example: Incoming mail is shown without parent.
>
> [img]
>
> When I hit `A r', the parent is shown and I get threading:

I can't see your screenshot (I'm ssh-ed into a server) but can it be
that you don't see the parents because you've already read them before?
By default, Gnus won't show old mail. That's controlled by this
variable.

,----[ C-h v gnus-fetch-old-headers RET ]

`----

> One thing occured to me is that pretty printing of char numbers is
> broken (n/a) -- it looks fine for the same message in my sent-mail
> archive (I Gcc all mails into nnml+archive:sent-mail, see below).

What are "char numbers"?

Bye,
Tassilo

Arash Esbati

не прочитано,
12 сент. 2016 г., 10:31:4912.09.2016
– Tassilo Horn, help-gn...@gnu.org
Tassilo Horn <th...@fastmail.fm> writes:

Hi Tassilo,

> Arash Esbati <arash.e...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I can't get Gcc and threading work reliably in imap folders. Here an
>> example: Incoming mail is shown without parent.
>>
>> [img]
>>
>> When I hit `A r', the parent is shown and I get threading:
>
> I can't see your screenshot (I'm ssh-ed into a server) but can it be
> that you don't see the parents because you've already read them before?

Thanks for your response. Yes, it is the case, I have "already seen"
parents, but I have `(display . all)' in my `gnus-parameters', so Gnus
shows the old messages.

> By default, Gnus won't show old mail. That's controlled by this
> variable.
>
> ,----[ C-h v gnus-fetch-old-headers RET ]

I tried your suggestion, but no avail. With or without your suggestion,
I have threads in the same group where Gcc works and looks like this:

O + 80: → emacs...@gnu.or 19-Aug Emacs binaries for Windows
OA ├─▶ 58: Name 1 19-Aug
O │ └─▶ 139: → Name 1 19-Aug
OA └─▶ 85: Name 2 19-Aug
O └─▶ 63: → Name 2 19-Aug

In other, newer threads, my messages (→ Name 1) don't show up, only when
I hit `A r'.

I get something by setting `(gnus-build-sparse-threads 'more)' in
`gnus-parameters', but it has other side effects:

O + 24: Name 1 09-Sep Re: Real key-val query for \includegraphics
Q └─▶ 0: 10-Sep
OA └─▶ 17: Name 1 10-Sep

My message show up, but looks totally broken (0: ).

>> One thing occured to me is that pretty printing of char numbers is
>> broken (n/a) -- it looks fine for the same message in my sent-mail
>> archive (I Gcc all mails into nnml+archive:sent-mail, see below).
>
> What are "char numbers"?

I was referring to Gnus manual, section 3.1.1 Summary Buffer Lines:

‘k’
Pretty-printed version of the number of characters in the article;
for example, ‘1.2k’ or ‘0.4M’.

In my `gnus-parameters', I had this for this group

(gnus-summary-line-format "%U%R%z%B%(%4k: %-20,20f%) %d %3{%s%}\n")

But it doesn't work and our thread looks like this (after `A r'):

✓ + n/a: → help-gnu-emacs@gnu 02-Sep Gnus: Gcc and imap folders
✓ └─▶ 5.0k: Tassilo Horn 12-Sep

I'm running out of ideas how to get my hands on this.

Best, Arash

Tassilo Horn

не прочитано,
12 сент. 2016 г., 12:22:5912.09.2016
– Arash Esbati, help-gn...@gnu.org
Arash Esbati <arash.e...@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Arash,

Sorry, I have no clue. I use `gnus-fetch-old-headers' set to 'some and
no special parameters like `(display . all)', and when there are two new
messages in the same thread, then everything up to their common parent
is shown (as advertised by the value 'some). So maybe you want to try
that just to see if the `display' parameter has something to do with
that.

>>> One thing occured to me is that pretty printing of char numbers is
>>> broken (n/a) -- it looks fine for the same message in my sent-mail
>>> archive (I Gcc all mails into nnml+archive:sent-mail, see below).
>>
>> What are "char numbers"?
>
> I was referring to Gnus manual, section 3.1.1 Summary Buffer Lines:
>
> ‘k’
> Pretty-printed version of the number of characters in the article;
> for example, ‘1.2k’ or ‘0.4M’.
>
> In my `gnus-parameters', I had this for this group
>
> (gnus-summary-line-format "%U%R%z%B%(%4k: %-20,20f%) %d %3{%s%}\n")
>
> But it doesn't work and our thread looks like this (after `A r'):
>
> ✓ + n/a: → help-gnu-emacs@gnu 02-Sep Gnus: Gcc and imap folders
> ✓ └─▶ 5.0k: Tassilo Horn 12-Sep
>
> I'm running out of ideas how to get my hands on this.

Ah, ok, now I understand. So I've put %k in my
`gnus-summary-line-format' as well, and my numbers are all ok even after
I pulled in more articles via `A r'. So what does that tell us? I
don't know. :-(

Bye,
Tassilo

Arash Esbati

не прочитано,
13 сент. 2016 г., 04:44:2613.09.2016
– Tassilo Horn, help-gn...@gnu.org
Tassilo Horn <th...@fastmail.fm> writes:

Hi Tassilo,

> Sorry, I have no clue. I use `gnus-fetch-old-headers' set to 'some and
> no special parameters like `(display . all)', and when there are two new
> messages in the same thread, then everything up to their common parent
> is shown (as advertised by the value 'some). So maybe you want to try
> that just to see if the `display' parameter has something to do with
> that.

I tried it, did't work either :-(

> Ah, ok, now I understand. So I've put %k in my
> `gnus-summary-line-format' as well, and my numbers are all ok even after
> I pulled in more articles via `A r'. So what does that tell us? I
> don't know. :-(

Thanks for checking. I've set `nnimap-record-commands' to t and start
reading `*imap log*', have to dig into it deeper. Otherwise, I will try
Gnus' registry, maybe that helps.

Best, Arash

0 новых сообщений