reopened bug#20610 emacs25.1 is not reading or resetting nnimap-split-fancy

1 view

Gijs Hillenius

Oct 14, 2016, 9:37:08 AM10/14/16
I reopened Emacs bug bug#20610, for I'm experiencing something
similar. Using the new Emacs25 package in Debian, which provides GNU
Emacs 25.1.1, the gnus.el file is read, but for some reason
nnimap-split-fancy is reset.

Upon firing up Gnus, the value if nnmimap-split-fancy is nil, and so
(bbdb/gnus-split-method) does not work. I use that alot, which is how I
noticed the 'bug'.

So I reload my nnimap-split-fancy set-up, and of course, fancy split
then works. The value of nnimap-split-fancy confirms.

Other settings in gnus.el are not reset, such as for instance
(setq bbdb-default-country "Netherlands")

Gijs Hillenius

Oct 14, 2016, 9:48:47 AM10/14/16
I just notice that upon refresh, nnimap-split-fancy is reset, the
returns to nil

--
Nice guys finish last, but we get to sleep in.
-- Evan Davis