cc mode feature request

Rusi

Nov 9, 2016, 10:09:13 PM11/9/16
I posted this on python list (mostly as a joke):
https://twitter.com/UdellGames/status/788690145822306304

Skip Montanaro made the interesting suggestion that an emacs mode could do it.

Expanding a bit on that:
Have two indent-region commands
- one which does it the conventional way
- one which flips to this way

Feasible?

skip.mo...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2016, 11:15:59 AM11/10/16
Thanks for the hat tip. Note that for the record I wouldn't recommend using such a tool except as a check. One issue with brace-filled languages like Java is that you can indent code any old way you want. Leaving out braces might allow bugs in which aren't readily apparent visually. Pretending your code is indentation-sensitive like Python, as Rustom's Twitter post showed, might actually be a useful visual aid...

Skip