Gnus not showing all mails

henry atting

Jul 3, 2015, 4:19:42 AM7/3/15
All of a sudden gnus (Ma Gnus v0.12) only shows a part of the mails lying
on the imap server. Currently there are 8, mutt displays them all; gnus
only shows 5. Restarting, reloading, `/o`... nothing helps, I only get 5
mails. When I send me a test mail the new mail is displayed
nevertheless.

Don't know how to further investigate this problem.

Cheers
henry

Eric Abrahamsen

Jul 3, 2015, 9:40:23 AM7/3/15
to help-gn...@gnu.org
Sometimes what works is going into the group parameters ("G p" on the
group), deleting the "active" line, C-c C-c to exit, then go back to the
group line and press "M-g" to refresh that particular group. I find that
if I'm using multiple clients (Gnus or not) on an imap server, Gnus
doesn't automatically refresh read message marks from the server, and
these steps are necessary to make it do that. Give it a try, and let us
know?

Eric

henry atting

Jul 3, 2015, 4:34:26 PM7/3/15
Great! – Yes, it works. All the messages are there. Strange, I am using
gnus for 10 years know, mostly in combination with mutt, but never had
this kind of problem. But on the other hand there is always a first
time...

Thanks
henry

Eric Abrahamsen

Jul 3, 2015, 6:02:08 PM7/3/15
to help-gn...@gnu.org
I've only seen it when read marks are changed behind Gnus' back, from
another client. I opened this bug report a while ago, and at some point
will find some time to try out some solutions...