An imemu attempt: cannot sort list

5 vues

Tom Browder

non lue,
27 juil. 2016, 18:53:1627/07/2016
à help-gn...@gnu.org
I have a working solution (albeit rudimentary) to adding imenu support to
my fork of "perl6-mode" at <github.com/tbrowder/perl6-mode>, but I can't
get the two index subcategory lists to sort.

Could someone look at my solution (branch "my-branch") and suggest a fix
for sorting the lists?

Thanks so much.

Best regards,

-Tom

Drew Adams

non lue,
27 juil. 2016, 19:14:0927/07/2016
à Tom Browder,help-gn...@gnu.org
> I have a working solution (albeit rudimentary) to adding imenu support to
> my fork of "perl6-mode" at <github.com/tbrowder/perl6-mode>, but I can't
> get the two index subcategory lists to sort.
>
> Could someone look at my solution (branch "my-branch") and suggest a fix
> for sorting the lists?

I haven't the got time to check your code, but you might want to
make use of `imenu+.el', which sorts submenus before splitting them, etc.
Maybe you'll have better luck with its code, which extends vanilla imenu.el.

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/imenu%2b.el

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ImenuMode#ImenuPlus

Tom Browder

non lue,
28 juil. 2016, 11:40:5728/07/2016
à Drew Adams,help-gn...@gnu.org
On Wednesday, July 27, 2016, Drew Adams <drew....@oracle.com> wrote:

> > I have a working solution (albeit rudimentary) to adding imenu support to
> > my fork of "perl6-mode" at <github.com/tbrowder/perl6-mode>, but I can't
> > get the two index subcategory lists to sort.

> I haven't the got time to check your code, but you might want to
> make use of `imenu+.el', which sorts submenus before splitting them, etc.
> Maybe you'll have better luck with its code, which extends vanilla
> imenu.el.

Thanks, Drew.

Do you have a pointer to a short example of its use? As usual, for a noob,
the doc leaves MUCH to the imagination regarding actual implementation.

Best regards,

-Tom

Drew Adams

non lue,
28 juil. 2016, 12:52:0728/07/2016
à Tom Browder,help-gn...@gnu.org
>> I haven't the got time to check your code, but you might want to
>> make use of `imenu+.el', which sorts submenus before splitting them, etc.
>> Maybe you'll have better luck with its code, which extends vanilla imenu.el.
>
> Do you have a pointer to a short example of its use?  As usual, for a noob,
> the doc leaves MUCH to the imagination regarding actual implementation.

Just put imenu+.el in your `load-path', then (require 'imenu+). It will
first load imenu.el. Then use Imenu+ just like you would use Imenu. It
just adds some enhancements and fixes some problems (such as the fact that
submenus were not being sorted before splitting them).

Sorry, but I don't have more time to get into details. Perhaps someone
else here can help, whether with Imenu or Imenu+ code.

Tom Browder

non lue,
28 juil. 2016, 13:06:0328/07/2016
à Drew Adams,help-gn...@gnu.org
On Thursday, July 28, 2016, Drew Adams <drew....@oracle.com> wrote:

> > Do you have a pointer to a short example of its use? As usual, for a
> noob,
> > the doc leaves MUCH to the imagination regarding actual implementation.
>
> Just put imenu+.el in your `load-path', then (require 'imenu+). It will
> first load imenu.el. Then use Imenu+ just like you would use Imenu. It

Thanks, Drew. I'll try that and come back for help if need be.

-Tom
0 nouveau message