Line Numbers change to Italics in theme

Ben Hayden

May 5, 2015, 11:20:22 AM5/5/15
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to keep italic characters on the first column of the line (ex. start of a comment string in certain theme) from changing the line number to be italicized as well? I'm using the smyx theme (http://emacsthemes.caisah.info/smyx-theme/). Thanks!

Ben Hayden

May 6, 2015, 3:30:59 PM5/6/15
On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 10:20:22 AM UTC-5, Ben Hayden wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Does anyone know how to keep italic characters on the first column of the line (ex. start of a comment string in certain theme) from changing the line number to be italicized as well? I'm using the smyx theme (http://emacsthemes.caisah.info/smyx-theme/). Thanks!

For anyone in the future that has this problem: I fixed my problem by specifically setting the :slant attribute of the 'linum face to normal. This kept it from being italicized.

Alexander Shukaev

Jun 25, 2015, 3:58:54 PM6/25/15
to Ben Hayden, help-gnu-emacs
​Been annoyed by this for quite some time. Finally, a viable solution.
Good job!​