Correct gnus article count

henry atting

Aug 15, 2016, 4:49:28 AM8/15/16
How can I adjust gnus wrong article counting.
I have a new mail group with 4 messages in it. When I want to enter the
group it asks me how much articles to display.

How many article from INBOX (available 5502, default 200)

The 4 message in it are the first 4 messages though

After entering the group 1 article is displayed. Then I hit /o and I am
asked again how many articles to display, (available 5501).

henry atting

Aug 20, 2016, 10:36:20 AM8/20/16
Deleting .newsrc and .newsrc.eld helps, but not for long.
Most probably this problem occurs because I use mutt alternatively and
sync my mails with isync/mbsync. Nevertheless if you search the internet
you will find that it is a common gnus problem.