invalid face occurs a lot of times in *Messages*

stardiviner

Dec 4, 2017, 10:17:13 PM12/4/17
to emacs-help
When I open packages list with =[M-x package-list-packages]=, I got this
warning
in ~*Messages*~:

#+begin_example
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [48 times]
Mark saved where search started
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [12 times]
Stored: info:use-package#Top
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [48 times]
QuitInvalid face reference: Package Menu
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [47 times]
Mark set
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [48 times]
user-error: No definitions found for: :loadInvalid face reference:
Package Menu
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [11 times]
Mark activated
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [240 times]
Mark set
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [12 times]
#+end_example

It also happened on other faces.

Emanuel Berg

Dec 4, 2017, 11:20:33 PM12/4/17
to help-gn...@gnu.org
stardiviner wrote:

> When I open packages list with =[M-x
> package-list-packages]=, I got this warning
> in ~*Messages*~:
>
> Invalid face reference: Package Menu [48
> times]

Seems like the package manager is in an
inconsistent state...

This works out OK?

(require 'package)
(package-initialize)

Still get the error messages?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

stardiviner

Dec 6, 2017, 5:29:01 AM12/6/17
to help-gn...@gnu.org
I did have those two lines code. And still get the error message.

stardiviner

Dec 6, 2017, 5:33:18 AM12/6/17
to help-gn...@gnu.org
Is there a way to debug this situation?

Like interept the function which displaying this warning message. So I
can trace back.

Eli Zaretskii

Dec 8, 2017, 5:54:13 AM12/8/17
to help-gn...@gnu.org
> From: stardiviner <numb...@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 18:33:03 +0800
>
> Is there a way to debug this situation?

I'd start by looking for "Package Menu" in your .emacs and the files
it loads.

Setting debug-on-error might also help by producing a backtrace.