Removing addresses from mu4e contact index

Daniel Nemenyi

Feb 14, 2018, 8:35:53 AM2/14/18
to help-gn...@gnu.org

Hi all,

Apologies to those also on debia...@lists.debian.org but I'm
reposting this message here as hoping it'll garner a response.

Using mu4e/offlineimap, I've got incorrect email addresses in my mu
contacts index, thanks to typos in their source emails - ie where a bad
address is CC'd into an email with me. They've gotten me into trouble a
few times but I haven't been able to work out how to remove them from
the mu contacts index. Any ideas? I've tried deleting the original
emails but they still appear. Is there a contacts file or db somewhere I
can edit?

Thanks!
Daniel

Joost Kremers

Feb 15, 2018, 3:26:12 AM2/15/18
to Daniel Nemenyi, help-gn...@gnu.org

On Wed, Feb 14 2018, Daniel Nemenyi wrote:
> Using mu4e/offlineimap, I've got incorrect email addresses in my
> mu
> contacts index, thanks to typos in their source emails - ie
> where a bad
> address is CC'd into an email with me. They've gotten me into
> trouble a
> few times but I haven't been able to work out how to remove them
> from
> the mu contacts index. Any ideas? I've tried deleting the
> original
> emails but they still appear. Is there a contacts file or db
> somewhere I
> can edit?

I can't offer any help (I'd be interested in the answer myself),
but you might also try the mu/mu4e mailing list:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mu-discuss

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

Daniel Nemenyi

Feb 15, 2018, 4:23:42 AM2/15/18
to Joost Kremers, help-gn...@gnu.org
Great idea, thanks Joost. Will message mu-discuss and let you know if I
find anything out.

Best
Dan