Carddav sync with bbdb ?

Xavier Maillard

Nov 27, 2015, 1:08:36 PM11/27/15
to help-gn...@gnu.org

Rasmus

Nov 27, 2015, 4:15:23 PM11/27/15
to help-gn...@gnu.org
Xavier Maillard <lists.em...@xavier.maillard.im> writes:

> what is the best solution to keep both bbdb and a carddav server in sync ?
> I am using GNU Emacs 25.x on multiple platforms so a portable solution would
> be great

The only one I know of asynk¹.

Rasmus

Footnotes:
¹ http://asynk.io/

--
This message is brought to you by the department of redundant departments

Xavier Maillard

Nov 28, 2015, 4:15:45 AM11/28/15
to help-gn...@gnu.org

Rasmus

Nov 28, 2015, 10:15:19 AM11/28/15
to help-gn...@gnu.org
Xavier Maillard <lists.em...@xavier.maillard.im> writes:

> Do you use it ?

No. Last I tried it messed up unsorted fields. Likely that was ’cause I
didn’t pay enough attention.

> It is not clear how I should set it up for carddav.

You will find several examples in the manual, last I checked.

I have set it to work with Owncloud in the past so it surely supports
carddav sync.

Rasmus

--
Spil noget med Slayer!

Saša Janiška

Sep 21, 2016, 7:14:31 PM9/21/16
to help-gn...@gnu.org
Rasmus <ras...@gmx.us> writes:

> The only one I know of asynk¹.

I’ve just migrated to Emacs and have the same problem…how to keep my
contacts from the phone in sync with contacts within Emacs by using
Baikal server...

org-caldav-sync works very nicely for calendars and one does not need
anything else…ASynK is certainly one option, but while considering to
use org-vcard along with vdirsyncer/khard, I’ve found out there is
something which might be even better: vdirel[1].

If someone has something better, please share…

Sincerely,
Gour

Footnotes:
[1] https://github.com/DamienCassou/vdirel

--
Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember
all of them, but you cannot, O subduer of the enemy!