who needs sponsorship for transport and how much?

David Nielsen

Mar 22, 2012, 10:20:09 AM3/22/12
to gnome-mon...@googlegroups.com
If everyone who requires sponsorship to attend would procure an estimate for their flight expenses I will devote eternal love to you.

Jared Jennings

Mar 22, 2012, 10:22:54 AM3/22/12
to gnome-mon...@googlegroups.com
I will cover myself.

-Jared

Robert Nordan

Mar 22, 2012, 10:50:32 AM3/22/12
On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 07:20 -0700, David Nielsen wrote:
> If everyone who requires sponsorship to attend would procure an
> estimate for their flight expenses I will devote eternal love to you.

Since the date isn't set yet I did some searching on kayak.com for dates
in early june and late june to guesstimate. Prices for a trip from Oslo
to Boston (Assuming we end up in Boston) are currently around 5000 to
6000 NOK, which is at today's rate is 862 to 1034 $. Say between 850 and
1000 $ for the flights.

As far as sleeping arrangements go, are there any Bostonians in this
group with good ideas?

--
Robert Nordan <rp...@robpvn.net>

Stephen Shaw

Mar 22, 2012, 11:06:16 AM3/22/12
to gnome-mon...@googlegroups.com
> On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 07:20 -0700, David Nielsen wrote:
>> If everyone who requires sponsorship to attend would procure an
>> estimate for their flight expenses I will devote eternal love to you.

I'm not sure that I'll be able to cover my flight. It seems like the
average cost to boston is about $600 - $700.

As for the dates, I vote for no sooner than June 24th. The week
before that I have a final and should almost be finished with school.
My last class is more than likely going to be an independent study
which means I don't have to be physically at school.

Cheers,
Stephen

Jared Jennings

Mar 22, 2012, 11:27:55 AM3/22/12
to gnome-mon...@googlegroups.com
Nat F. might be good with that. He's got a lot of resources for this kind of stuff.

David Nielsen

Mar 22, 2012, 1:33:29 PM3/22/12

On Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:50:32 AM UTC-3, Robert Nordan wrote:
On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 07:20 -0700, David Nielsen wrote:
> If everyone who requires sponsorship to attend would procure an
> estimate for their flight expenses I will devote eternal love to you.

Since the date isn't set yet I did some searching on kayak.com for dates
in early june and late june to guesstimate. Prices for a trip from Oslo
to Boston (Assuming we end up in Boston) are currently around 5000 to
6000 NOK, which is at today's rate is 862 to 1034 $. Say between 850 and
1000 $ for the flights.

Seems reasonable.

As far as sleeping arrangements go, are there any Bostonians in this

group with good ideas?

The more people we can arrange stays for free or cheaply, the more people we can get to attend. It would be fantastic if people were willing to open their homes so that we could have a large gathering of happy hackers. If not we can see if we can manage a good deal with a hotel and set up room sharing where possible.

- David

Robert Nordan <rp...@robpvn.net>