Can't run Gmote Server - ...Coudn't get lock for .../gmote.log

Chris

Oct 14, 2009, 9:15:18 AM10/14/09
to gmote users
I'm running Win 7 pro (full version not a RC or Beta) x64. I had to
install the 32 bit java to get past my first error message. Now when
I try and run the client even in debug mode I get a message.
"Couldn't get lock for D:\Users/Chris/Application Data/Gmote/gmote.log

I've tried to manually create that path but can't access Application
Data folder. I've tried putting /Gmote/gmote.log in the appdata
local, local low, and roaming with no luck. Application Data is a
hidden link that only shows when I tell Windows to show protected
operating system files. Then it looks like a shortcut which point to
AppData I'm guessing. I can't double-click on Application Data
though. I tried manually adding the /Gmote/gmote.log into the appdata
folder. Here's my debug output if it helps. Any suggestions?

C:\Program Files (x86)\GmoteServer>java -classpath bin;lib\slf4j-
api-1.5.3.jar;l
ib\jna.jar;lib\swing-worker-1.2.jar
org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUiWindows loglev
el=ALL
Oct 14, 2009 9:05:19 AM org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi createFiles
SEVERE: The system cannot find the path specified
java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native
Method)
at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source)
at org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi.createFiles
(GmoteServerUi.java:188)
at org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi.sharedMain
(GmoteServerUi.java:294)
at org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUiWindows.main
(GmoteServerUiWindows.java:
36)
Oct 14, 2009 9:05:19 AM org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi createFiles
SEVERE: The system cannot find the path specified
java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native
Method)
at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source)
at org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi.createFiles
(GmoteServerUi.java:222)
[...]
Oct 14, 2009 9:05:19 AM org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi sharedMain
SEVERE: Couldn't get lock for D:\Users\Chris/Application Data/Gmote/
gmote.log
java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for D:\Users\Chris/Application
Data/Gmote
/gmote.log
at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(Unknown Source)
at java.util.logging.FileHandler.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi.sharedMain
(GmoteServerUi.java:296)
at org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUiWindows.main
(GmoteServerUiWindows.java:
36)

C:\Program Files (x86)\GmoteServer>pause
Press any key to continue . . .