Gmote

boldl...@aol.com

Dec 19, 2008, 9:48:50 PM12/19/08
to gmote...@googlegroups.com
I Try ever thing and i can get it to work. Help Me Ples.

Listen to 350+ music, sports, & news radio stations – including songs for the holidays – FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!
gmote.log.1

Marc Stogaitis

Dec 20, 2008, 6:33:03 PM12/20/08
to gmote...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

It looks like an older version of gmote might be running. Could you please try to turn off any gmote server that might be running. Then, uninstall gmote using the uninstaller provided in start, programs, gmoteserver. Then, go to c:\program files\, and delete and delete any directories named gmote server or gmoteserver if they exist. Then, have a look at start, programs, startup. If there is a file called gmote server, right click on it and delete it.

Once all of this has been done, we should be fairly certain that gmote is not running. Now, please go to http://www.gmote.org/server and download the latest version of the server.

Another note: It's possible that there is another application that is running on the same port at Gmote. If you have done everything mentioned above in that exact order and it still hasn't fixed the program, can you please send me the latest logs and I can explain how to modify the listening port.

Thanks,
Marc

Nov 6, 2008 2:16:55 AM org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi main
WARNING: Gmote Version: 1.2.0
Nov 6, 2008 2:16:56 AM org.gmote.server.GmoteServer startServer
SEVERE: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
       at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(Unknown Source)
       at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
       at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
       at org.gmote.common.TcpConnection.getServerInstance(TcpConnection.java:87)
       at org.gmote.common.TcpConnection.listenForConnections(TcpConnection.java:65)
       at org.gmote.server.GmoteServer.startServer(GmoteServer.java:95)
       at org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi.main(GmoteServerUi.java:203)
Nov 6, 2008 2:16:56 AM org.gmote.server.GmoteServer startServer
WARNING: Unable to use port: 8889. There may be an instance of Gmote already running. Please close it and try again.