Gmote Connection Problem

Jamie Railton

May 18, 2011, 5:51:19 AM5/18/11
to gmote...@googlegroups.com
I have been trying to get this working for several hours. I was able to download and run the file, but when the server starts I get a warning message that says "There was an error running the Gmote Server..." The server does start though and the droid app does see the server, but when I try to do anything on the app it just kicks me out and says "connection problem". I have tried the steps in the faq to no avail, verified the server IP and manually entered it, no firewall running, verified the phone IP and disabled/reconnected wifi connection and nothing. I have copied the gmote log file. I'm running Ubuntu 10.10. Any ideas?

May 18, 2011 5:45:57 AM org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi sharedMain
WARNING: Gmote Version: 2.0.0
May 18, 2011 5:45:57 AM org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi sharedMain
WARNING: OperatingSystem: Linux
May 18, 2011 5:45:58 AM org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi sharedMain
SEVERE: com.sun.jna.Native.pointerSize()I
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.sun.jna.Native.pointerSize()I
    at com.sun.jna.Native.pointerSize(Native Method)
    at com.sun.jna.Native.<clinit>(Native.java:93)
    at org.videolan.jvlc.internal.LibVlc.<clinit>(LibVlc.java:41)
    at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLC.<init>(JVLC.java:45)
    at org.gmote.server.media.vlc.VlcMediaPlayer.initialise(VlcMediaPlayer.java:70)
    at org.gmote.server.media.MediaPlayerManager.createNewMediaPlayerInstance(MediaPlayerManager.java:102)
    at org.gmote.server.media.MediaPlayerManager.getMediaPlayerInstance(MediaPlayerManager.java:91)
    at org.gmote.server.media.MediaPlayerManager.getMediaPlayer(MediaPlayerManager.java:58)
    at org.gmote.server.media.MediaPlayerManager.initialize(MediaPlayerManager.java:47)
    at org.gmote.server.GmoteServer.startServer(GmoteServer.java:94)
    at org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUi.sharedMain(GmoteServerUi.java:334)
    at org.gmote.server.GmoteServerUiLinux.main(GmoteServerUiLinux.java:36)
May 18, 2011 5:50:25 AM org.gmote.server.MulticastServerThread handleMouseMoveRequest
WARNING: Received a mouse move request from an ip who is not connected to us: packetIp=/192.168.0.15 tcpConnectionIp=null. Ignoring the packet.

Thanks
Jamie