[GMCnet] Manny Tranny

jdli...@hotmail.com

Sep 21, 2017, 12:54:04 PM9/21/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Lost 3rd and reverse in Fayetteville AR.Anyone know of a transmission somewhere closer than California?
--
JD Lisenby- USAF Ret
1978 Royale-455

Navarre, FL

Wayne Rogewski

Sep 21, 2017, 1:19:50 PM9/21/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Sorry to hear of it. Some folks may be on their way back home from the international in Elkhart and may not see the message..

I dont know of any close, but perhaps give Manny a call and see if he cant help over the phone. I thought at one time he had a trans or two
somewhere in the mid west if one was needed, but cant recall who may have had it for safekeeping.

--
77 Royale, Rear Dry Bath. 403, 3.55 Final Drive, Lenzi goodies, Patterson carb and dizzy.
Mid Michigan

Mike Kelley

Sep 21, 2017, 1:30:24 PM9/21/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Try e mailing or calling Ken Henderson (at Convention) as I remember Manny was at his place in Georgia about 4 months ago rebuilding a number of GMC transmissions.
Mike/The Corvair a holic

Sent from my iPhone

Johnny Bridges via Gmclist

Sep 21, 2017, 1:43:33 PM9/21/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org, Johnny Bridges
Might be one at Ken's, or there might be one at6 Ken Burton's. Ask. Sounds like you've lunched the direct clutches. Which happened to mine from
lack of fluid due to a lousy install. Current Manny rebuild runs fine, and gets the fluid checked religiously - and has had all the outlaw plumbing
removed... steel lines to the radiator cooler and back now.

--johnny
--
76 26' Eleganza(?) with beaucoup mods and add - ons.
Braselton, Ga.

Rob Mueller

Sep 21, 2017, 1:55:09 PM9/21/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Contact Manny directly and ask him where he's positioned spares.

Regards,
Rob M.
The Pedantic Mechanic
Sydney, Australia
AUS '75 Avion - The Blue Streak TZE365V100428
USA '75 Avion - Double Trouble TZE365V100426
USA '77 Kingsley - TZE 267V100808

jdli...@hotmail.com

Sep 21, 2017, 2:19:28 PM9/21/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
I called Manny. Cant get one here till next Thursday. May be my only bet.

Ken Henderson

Sep 21, 2017, 3:24:38 PM9/21/17
to GMC Mail List
JD,

​I do have one Manny Tranny left here. But, it's nowhere near prepared for
shipment. Chances are, by the time I got together a pallet, figured out
how to put the two together, and got a shipper here, you'd get it no sooner
than if you wait for one from Manny, even though it will have to come twice
as far.

Ken H. ​

Nelson Wright

Sep 21, 2017, 5:41:42 PM9/21/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Well, you're not exactly stuck just slowed up. I lost third gear once and was able to drive her in second at about 45 mph. Probably covered 500 miles with no other issues and if i recall it didn't even effect my mpg.
Also there is a tranny shop in Mountain View Ak that might be able to help you. I accompanied Trevor from Brisbane Australia to this Shop when his coach lost The transmission. The man insisted that he could rebuild the transmission even though Trevor had a Manny tranny in the rental car.

Sent from my iPhone
Nelson Wright

Orlando Fl.

jdli...@hotmail.com

Sep 22, 2017, 12:36:39 PM9/22/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Nelson wrote on Thu, 21 September 2017 16:40
> Well, you're not exactly stuck just slowed up. I lost third gear once and was able to drive her in second at about 45 mph. Probably covered 500
> miles with no other issues and if i recall it didn't even effect my mpg.
> Also there is a tranny shop in Mountain View Ak that might be able to help you. I accompanied Trevor from Brisbane Australia to this Shop when his
> coach lost The transmission. The man insisted that he could rebuild the transmission even though Trevor had a Manny tranny in the rental car.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> Nelson Wright
>
> Orlando Fl.
>
> Thanks for the info, my brother-in law lives in Mountain View. We have a plan, local shop here with a great reputation will do the remove/replace.
> Manny is shipping a tranny out next week. We are taking a rental to get the bikes and stuff home, I'll come get the coach when it's ready..
>
> > On Sep 21, 2017, at 1:12 PM, Wayne Rogewski wrote:
> >
> > Sorry to hear of it. Some folks may be on their way back home from the international in Elkhart and may not see the message..
> >
> > I dont know of any close, but perhaps give Manny a call and see if he cant help over the phone. I thought at one time he had a trans or
> > two
> > somewhere in the mid west if one was needed, but cant recall who may have had it for safekeeping.
> >

> > --
> > 77 Royale, Rear Dry Bath. 403, 3.55 Final Drive, Lenzi goodies, Patterson carb and dizzy.
> > Mid Michigan

JD Lisenby- USAF Ret
1978 Royale-455
Electromotive Tec2 FI & ignition

Navarre, FL

Wayne Rogewski

Sep 22, 2017, 3:09:04 PM9/22/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Stick with it. If I recall you were on the way home when an accident happened. Coach was at the coop for a spell being fixed. Good to get
all this stuff out of the way now and enjoy years of uneventful trips and memories.

Hang in there
--
77 Royale, Rear Dry Bath. 403, 3.55 Final Drive, Lenzi goodies, Patterson carb and dizzy.
Mid Michigan

jdli...@hotmail.com

Sep 25, 2017, 8:33:07 AM9/25/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
You recall correctly. This was just a perfect storm. Long grade with 3,500 lb trailer. 88 degrees, trans temp was climbing but there was road
construction and no shoulder so I could not pull over. I understand these things happen, my loving wife is ready to burn the coach to the ground.
--
JD Lisenby- USAF Ret
1978 Royale-455
Electromotive Tec2 FI & ignition

Navarre, FL

Wayne Rogewski

Sep 25, 2017, 9:16:59 AM9/25/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
My better half was ready to do the same as the coach sat in the driveway for over a year before I was ready to take it back out on the road. For all
intents and purposes, I should not have made it home from an hour away when I bought it, given there were no brakes and really no maintenance given to
the coach for many years. I probably should have passed on the coach we bought, but I was bitten by the bug. The up shot is I met a ton of great
people willing to help, and have learned about nearly every nut and bolt on the coach in the process of making it safe and returning it to service.