[GMCnet] Micro level preview

Keith V

Oct 6, 2016, 7:38:38 PM10/6/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Finally ready to show off the working prototype

Introducing Microlevel.
Totally electronic
microprocessor controlled
True height measuring sensors
Horizon leveling
RF remote control
Replaces PowerLevel and ElectroLevel

http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/data/6645/medium/CAM00345.jpg

--
Keith Vasilakes
Mounds View. MN

Steve Weinstock

Oct 6, 2016, 7:59:50 PM10/6/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
That's beautiful Keith.

Can I be your first customer ??

Steve w
1973 23'
Southern California

Todd Sullivan

Oct 6, 2016, 8:31:56 PM10/6/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Badasssss!

Sully
77 eleganza 2
Seattle

Larry

Oct 6, 2016, 9:22:10 PM10/6/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
SteveW wrote on Thu, 06 October 2016 18:59
> That's beautiful Keith.
>
> Can I be your first customer ??
>
> Steve w
> 1973 23'
> Southern California

NO!! Pick me...pick me!!
--
Larry
78 Royale w/500 Caddy

D C _Mac_ Macdonald

Oct 6, 2016, 9:33:09 PM10/6/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Cost, complexity, conversion process, "get-home" capability if electronic and mechanical items fail are matters of concern!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~~ ~ D C "Mac" Macdonald ~ ~~
~ ~ Amateur Radio - K2GKK ~ ~
~ ~ Since 30 November '53 ~ ~
~ ~ USAF and FAA, Retired ~ ~
~ Member GMCMI and Classics ~
~ ~ ~ Oklahoma City, OK ~ ~ ~
~~ ~ ~ "The Money Pit" ~ ~ ~~
~ ~ ~ ~ TZE166V101966 ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ '76 ex-Palm Beach ~ ~ ~
~~ k2gkk + hotmail dot com ~~
~ www.gmcmhphotos.com/okclb ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
______________
|[ ]~~~[][ ][]\
"--OO--[]---O-"

________________________________
Oct 6, 2016, 9:39:47 PM10/6/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
I'll take the same reliability as the ECU in my car any day.

Dolph Santorine

DE N8JPC

Wheeling, West Virginia

1977 ex-Palm Beach TZE167V100820
1-ton, Sullybuilt Bags, Reaction Arms, 3.70 LSD, Manny Transmission, EV-6010,

D C _Mac_ Macdonald

Oct 6, 2016, 9:54:50 PM10/6/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Lots of really high tech in that ECU, though!

Mac in OKC

Sent from my iPad

Adolph Santorine

Oct 6, 2016, 10:00:06 PM10/6/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Kind of like a FADEC as opposed to the current SOTA in light aircraft engines.

I'm just getting your goat, Mac!

Dolph Santorine

DE N8JPC

Wheeling, West Virginia

1977 ex-Palm Beach TZE167V100820
1-ton, Sullybuilt Bags, Reaction Arms, 3.70 LSD, Manny Transmission, EV-6010,

Keith V

Oct 7, 2016, 12:18:45 AM10/7/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Is it as reliable as the old power level?
I just know I started this because my power level valves were trash, both the dash valves and the level valves.
I had the level valves rebuilt by Lenzi once...

The system uses 4 off the shelf solenoid valves, 2 automotive level sensors and a Atmel microprocessor.
The code will be released to the public domain, in case I get hit by a bus.

It has 3 basic modes, manual, travel and camp

Manual has a dash button that raises or lowers both sides at once. Or you can use the RF remote to raise and lower each side separately.

Travel uses the ride height sensors to set and maintain the ride height very accurately. Setting the ride height is simply pressing the calibrate
button, then using the remote to set height on both sides. Done. No driving around, no jumping on the bumper.

Camp uses an accelerometer to level the coach to the horizon, it is calibrated once on install.
There is also an option for a second RF remote that duplicates the dash controls.

Cost? too much Ha ha, Still TBD. I need to talk to distributors and finalize the cost of a few things, like the front panel.

It's really really close to being done definitely this winter

Keith V

Oct 7, 2016, 12:20:35 AM10/7/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Oh the front panel will come in black, clear ( so you can see the awesome electronics ) and maybe wood grain veneer

Keith V

Oct 7, 2016, 12:31:23 AM10/7/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org

Chris Neis

Oct 7, 2016, 12:36:41 AM10/7/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Righteous!

Looks great, Keith!

-Chris Neis
No hurry. Still looking.

Keith V

Oct 7, 2016, 10:14:03 AM10/7/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Not all that high tech, just automotive grade parts, i.e. high reliability an high temp.
( I do this stuff for a living )

> Lots of really high tech in that ECU, though!
>
> Mac in OKC

Todd Sullivan

Oct 7, 2016, 10:23:43 AM10/7/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
If my sh:t were broken id b houndin u for a system. Love the gmc on the
panel.

Sully
77 eleganza 2
Seattle

Steve Weinstock

Oct 7, 2016, 11:30:48 AM10/7/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Hey Keith -

As your first customer, I've been thinking / day dreaming a bit... :d

Can the system accommodate a stop point for lowering ??

I've got an early coach, a 1973 23 footer. I think that if I were to lower the rear all the way, the tires would hit the wheel wells. I haven't
really researched the issue - but I'm aware of a crack in my wheel well housing that appears to be right at the top tangent of the tire. With a stop
point - I could simply lower the rear for black tank dumping without having to jump out the keep checking that I haven't lowered too low.

Or... maybe there's another button: TRAVEL, CAMP, and DUMP.

Thoughts ??

Thanks,
Steve W

rally...@juno.com

Oct 7, 2016, 12:00:58 PM10/7/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Keith, when are you going to be selling this leveling system, and how
many $$$$?
ronc
Ron & Linda Clark
North Plains, ORYGUN
78 Eleganza II

Dolph Santorine

Oct 7, 2016, 12:07:26 PM10/7/16
to GMC List
Keith:

Great work.

I was just busting Mac. I’m all in favor or microprocessor driven upgrades that use modern components.

It’s terrific work.

Dolph

DE N8JPC

Wheeling, West Virginia

1977 26’ ex-PalmBeach
1-Ton, Sullybilt Bags, Reaction Arms, 3.70 LSD, Manny Transmission, EV-6010

“The Aluminum and Fiberglass Mistress"

Keith V

Oct 7, 2016, 12:29:39 PM10/7/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Dolph,
NP, I'm sure I'll hear a lot of that.
Jim B will hate it I think :D

Steve
I could make the manual mode have a lower limit that you can calibrate in. Thats a great idea.
Just set the height to the lowest level desired and then hit the calibrate button.

Dolph Santorine

Oct 7, 2016, 12:45:38 PM10/7/16
to GMC List
You can’t please everyone.

Onward, Keith.

Dolph

Keith V

Oct 7, 2016, 12:46:45 PM10/7/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Yes I will be selling these, just tooling up and finalizing the design.
Shooting for first units to select customers this winter.

Cost...
OK here's my plan.
There are 3 major components to the full system
1. The controller
2. The Solenoid valves
3. The height sensors with a wiring harness

The controller cost is the least known, because of the PCB and fron panel costs, but probably in the $500 -$700 range.

Valves are valves, It uses any 12 volt solenoid valve, so you can use $10 1/4" valves ( you need 4 + plumbing ) or the $400 uber cool valve blocks. You can reuse the air lines.

Height sensors are from various GM cars, any 5 volt input potentiometer sensor will work, but I have a bracket for a nice, and surprisingly low cost, hall effect sensor that you can buy from Rock auto, or pull at a wrecking yard. You do have to modify the arm with new holes.

So I plan on selling just the controller for the scrap yard dogs or a full up system. I expect the full up system would be around $1000 - $1200 range. but don't quote me :D
The Electro level version would not need new valves if you don't mind reusing the existing ones. They would need to be reconfigured and you only need 4 of them.

David Horowitz

Oct 7, 2016, 4:35:23 PM10/7/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Simply magnificent! Can't wait till they are available in production form.

James Hupy

Oct 7, 2016, 5:16:32 PM10/7/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
I must have missed something on this. All I saw was a lighted electronic
screen in a dash of a GMC. Were there more pictures? Can't tell much from
what I see.
Jim Hupy
Salem, Or
78 GMC Royale 403

Keith V

Oct 8, 2016, 10:56:43 AM10/8/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
James Hupy wrote on Fri, 07 October 2016 16:15
> I must have missed something on this. All I saw was a lighted electronic
> screen in a dash of a GMC. Were there more pictures? Can't tell much from
> what I see.
> Jim Hupy
> Salem, Or
> 78 GMC Royale 403
> On Oct 7, 2016 1:35 PM, "David Horowitz" wrote:
>
> > Simply magnificent! Can't wait till they are available in production form.

Yes there are more pictures and description in previous messages
--
Keith Vasilakes
Mounds View. MN

Steve Weinstock

Oct 8, 2016, 12:26:40 PM10/8/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Keith -

"Steve - I could make the manual mode have a lower limit that you can calibrate in. Thats a great idea.
Just set the height to the lowest level desired and then hit the calibrate button."

I've been contemplating... I'm hoping the configuration settings are stored in non-volatile RAM. I often disconnect all batteries for storage -
wouldn't want to have to re-calibrate every time.

I really like it - especially the horizon leveling. Can't wait to tell my big diesel SOB friends with auto-level hydraulic jacks - "yea - I can do
that too."

Thanks,
SW

Keith V

Oct 8, 2016, 1:38:21 PM10/8/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
SteveW wrote on Sat, 08 October 2016 11:25
> Keith -
>
> "Steve - I could make the manual mode have a lower limit that you can calibrate in. Thats a great idea.
> Just set the height to the lowest level desired and then hit the calibrate button."
>
> I've been contemplating... I'm hoping the configuration settings are stored in non-volatile RAM. I often disconnect all batteries for storage -
> wouldn't want to have to re-calibrate every time.
>
> I really like it - especially the horizon leveling. Can't wait to tell my big diesel SOB friends with auto-level hydraulic jacks - "yea - I can
> do that too."
>
> Thanks,
> SW

Can they do it from outside with an RF remote?

--
Keith Vasilakes
Mounds View. MN

Jerry Burt

Oct 8, 2016, 7:28:05 PM10/8/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
I love it but keeping up with the "Jones" is going to break me. :)
--
Patti & Jerry Burt
73 Gmc 26' Canyon Lands -

Keith V

Oct 9, 2016, 1:18:18 AM10/9/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
SteveW wrote on Sat, 08 October 2016 11:25
> Keith -
>
> I've been contemplating... I'm hoping the configuration settings are stored in non-volatile RAM. I often disconnect all batteries for storage -
> wouldn't want to have to re-calibrate every time.

oops I didn't read everything.
yes the calibration parameters are stored in EEPROM, no power required

I just added the code to set the low limit, wasn't too bad, now I just have to test it.

One problem, the sensors are very nonlinear due to the mechanics, that means they are very accurate at ride height but terrible at full up and full
down.
So the low limit may not work due to mechanical geometry. cosine error basically.

But yes the calibration parameters are stored in FLASH, no power required
--
Keith Vasilakes
Mounds View. MN

Billy Massey

Oct 9, 2016, 1:10:27 PM10/9/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/g6645-ride-height.html

bdub

Oct 9, 2016, 4:41:46 PM10/9/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Keith,

Very nice work!

I'm curious about your chart of Ride Height Data. I presume that's the raw
data from the ride height sensors. Otherwise I'd expect to see only binary
signals to the valves.

How much delay (hysteresis) do you have built into the system (like GMC's
4s.-18s.)? Is that operator adjustable as a configuration setting? I ask
primarily because it seems to me that the hysteresis needed depends upon
the characteristics of the air bags and the available pressure and volume
from the compressor. If the system is set up for bags requiring high
pressure and a slow compressor, the delay would presumably be shorter than
for a low bag pressure/fast compressor vehicle. A setting suitable for the
former might make the latter too sensitive to dynamic loads.

Do you intend to preserve GMC's long delay or to shorten it for "real time"
operation?

Still Curious Old Cat. :-)

Ken H.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Keith V <my4...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Finally ready to show off the working prototype
>
> Introducing Microlevel.
> Totally electronic
> microprocessor controlled
> True height measuring sensors
> Horizon leveling
> RF remote control
> Replaces PowerLevel and ElectroLevel
>
> http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/data/6645/medium/CAM00345.jpg
>
> --
> Keith Vasilakes
> Mounds View. MN
> 75 ex Royale GMC
> 69 Vette
> 29 Dodge

Keith V

Oct 9, 2016, 5:50:10 PM10/9/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Ken Henderson wrote on Sun, 09 October 2016 15:40
> Keith,
>
> Very nice work!
>
> I'm curious about your chart of Ride Height Data. I presume that's the raw
> data from the ride height sensors. Otherwise I'd expect to see only binary
> signals to the valves.
>
> How much delay (hysteresis) do you have built into the system (like GMC's
> 4s.-18s.)? Is that operator adjustable as a configuration setting? I ask
> primarily because it seems to me that the hysteresis needed depends upon
> the characteristics of the air bags and the available pressure and volume
> from the compressor. If the system is set up for bags requiring high
> pressure and a slow compressor, the delay would presumably be shorter than
> for a low bag pressure/fast compressor vehicle. A setting suitable for the
> former might make the latter too sensitive to dynamic loads.
>
> Do you intend to preserve GMC's long delay or to shorten it for "real time"
> operation?
>
> Still Curious Old Cat. :)
>
> Ken H.

Ken, yes that raw analog data from the sensors, The controller only uses the sensors in travel mode, in manual or camp they are ignored ( except for
the low limit feature I'm thinking about adding ) It's only there for curiosity, I did spend a lot of time looking at charts and state change events
if you are really a sucker for punishment

there are no user settable parameters, everything is fixed.
Except low limit, travel height and the horizon level values, they are calibrated.
If I did feel the need to vary the value the system would measure the system response time and do an auto calibrate.
Theres no way the average person would be able to do that without mucho training

But the algorithm is quite complex, it's running a state machine, and multiple filters, both FIR and IIR.
When it's close it actually pulses the valve to get right on.
When you first put it into travel it uses a fast filter, then once it reaches ride height it goes to a very very slow filter. This allows it to come
up to height fast then not adjust on cloverleafs or grade changes. the slow rate is in the minutes range.
It also has different reaction times if it's filling vs if it's already at ride height.
It's control like this that make using a micro better than a mechanical switch!

The hysteresis is much better than the stock system, I measure it in ADC counts and don't have a good correlation to inches, I need to do that.
It's +- 10 ADC counts on a 10bit ADC, but the height is measured as sin(adc) 0' to 90'
someone do the trig for me ha ha

The pressure in the bags shouldn't make any difference, but I do want to test on a sully bag and a 4 bag to see if anything needs to be tweeked.
I really don't think the system in use will have any effect on the algorithm, the only delay Ive seen is the delay caused by the air lines.
If you run big valves and big airlines the residual pressure in the line could cause overshoot/undershoot as the valves open and close but the air
line still has to equalize.

This system is targeted directly at the GMC it's not a general purpose solution.

Ken Henderson

Oct 9, 2016, 6:55:22 PM10/9/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Keith,

Great response. You've obviously covered all the points of concern I had.
And implemented the system with modern algorithms rather than the more
analog approach my 40 year old education would have dictated. :-)

Thanks for modernizing the GMC.

Ken H.

On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Keith V <my4...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Ken, yes that raw analog data from the sensors, The controller only uses
> the sensors in travel mode, in manual or camp they are ignored ( except for
> the low limit feature I'm thinking about adding ) It's only there for
> curiosity, I did spend a lot of time looking at charts and state change
> events
> if you are really a sucker for punishment

Larry

Oct 10, 2016, 9:33:50 AM10/10/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Keith V wrote on Sun, 09 October 2016 16:49
Ya, you really should test it on a sully type system. It could be easy to extend the bags with excess pressure beyond their design, so might be nice
to have a upper limit, so as to not accidentally apply so much pressure that the bags would separate from the cones and just blow up. Also, when the
system is set on travel, does it set height based on position relative to the frame or on a horizon line. If based on horizon, the long climb west to
east up the Eisenhower pass might make it try to compensate leveling for horizon and over extend the bags. Just wondering is all. Nice system
though!!
--
Larry
78 Royale w/500 Caddy

Keith V

Oct 10, 2016, 9:42:51 AM10/10/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
What happens on a power level system when in manual mode?
Does the sully bag over extend and fail if you raise it too far?

In travel mode it uses sensors that measure relative to the frame, just like the stock system, just more accurate.

Todd Sullivan

Oct 10, 2016, 11:52:48 AM10/10/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Max rated pressure of the fi 9294 is 100psi. Max lift is achieved long
before that pressure is reached (typically below 65psi). The lift rate from
inflation is quicker with my system and the 9294 bag than the oem bag.
Also, the oe bag continues to grow out both ends very gradually as
pressures increase. When the 9294 bag reaches max lift it stops extending
rather abruptly which is easy to feel if you are paying attention while
leveling. Since there is a lot more "drop" available than "lift" from ride
height, leveling is a lot easier to achieve if the coach is maneuvered
around the camp site until the front end is low compared to the rear at
travel height then the rear lowered to match the front. That said I have
never had a failure reported to me from overinflation.

Sully
77 eleganza 2
Seattle

Larry

Oct 10, 2016, 7:45:59 PM10/10/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Keith V wrote on Mon, 10 October 2016 08:42
> What happens on a power level system when in manual mode?
> Does the sully bag over extend and fail if you raise it too far?
>
> In travel mode it uses sensors that measure relative to the frame, just like the stock system, just more accurate.
>

> > Ya, you really should test it on a sully type system. It could be easy to extend the bags with excess pressure beyond their design, so might
> > be nice
> > to have a upper limit, so as to not accidentally apply so much pressure that the bags would separate from the cones and just blow up. Also,
> > when the
> > system is set on travel, does it set height based on position relative to the frame or on a horizon line. If based on horizon, the long climb
> > west to
> > east up the Eisenhower pass might make it try to compensate leveling for horizon and over extend the bags. Just wondering is all. Nice
> > system
> > though!!
> > --
> > Larry

I don't know what the max pressure is, but our systems are capable of up to 150-lbs I think, and if pushed to that limit, I just wonder what would
happen. I have inadvertently extended the bags to 75lbs with no problems. Just after about 60 lbs there is no more extension left in the bag at our
weights, so it just kinda pulls at the seam where it attaches to the cone.

Steve Southworth

Oct 10, 2016, 8:05:43 PM10/10/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Larry wrote on Mon, 10 October 2016 18:45
> I don't know what the max pressure is, but our systems are capable of up to 150-lbs I think, and if pushed to that limit, I just wonder what would
> happen. I have inadvertently extended the bags to 75lbs with no problems. Just after about 60 lbs there is no more extension left in the bag at
> our weights, so it just kinda pulls at the seam where it attaches to the cone.

If over pressure is a concern readjust compressor cutout pressure. Or better yet install a pressure regulator between the air tank and the leveling
system.
--
Steve Southworth
1974 Glacier TZE064V100150 (for workin on)

Ken Burton

Oct 10, 2016, 10:01:57 PM10/10/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
If you continue to pressure the bags past the upper limit, it will blow Bilstein shock seals. I blew two of them before I learned better. The upper
limit is the shocks.

Bilstein will NOT warranty shocks blown that way and will instead send you a copy of the GMC manual entry on proper jacking.

I do not think this is a problem on KYB shocks. At least I have not heard of this with KYBs.
--
Ken Burton - N9KB
76 Palm Beach

Keith V

Oct 10, 2016, 11:52:09 PM10/10/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
I think I'm going to say that if you have sully bags, and over pressure is as problem, you should lower your supply pressure.
Any other solution is questionable
Because, it is still possible to over pressure the bags and I can't prevent it just by looking at height.
--
Keith Vasilakes
Mounds View. MN

Rob Mueller

Oct 11, 2016, 12:13:25 AM10/11/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
G'day,

MM X-7525 / Section 4 - Rear Suspension / Page 4-6 / Trouble Shooting Chart / Correction 5. Adjust pressure switch settings to
operate at 100 - 120 psi range.

IIRC the relief valve in Double Trouble's PowerLevel air tank is set at 140 psi (as measured on the 2" gage).

I'll bet dollars to donuts that the OEM bags will take 150% of that (210psi) without any problem and possibly more as that would be
a prudent design point.

Regards,
Rob M.
USAussie - Downunder
AUS '75 Avion - The Blue Streak TZE365V100428
USA '75 Avion - Double Trouble TZE365V100426

Rob Mueller

Oct 11, 2016, 12:20:22 AM10/11/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Ken / Keith,

I stumbled on to this researching the pressure question, I have no idea if it is relevant to your question but thought it might be
helpful.

Ref: MM X-7525 / Section 4 - Rear Suspension / Page 4-25 / Paragraph - Time Delay Check / Preliminary Procedures:

After the valve lever gaps have been adjusted, to a time delay check. A 4 to 18 seconds delay from the closing of one valve to the
opening of the other is recommended. Also, valves should close from full-open position within 4 seconds.

Regards,
Rob M.
USAussie - Downunder
AUS '75 Avion - The Blue Streak TZE365V100428
USA '75 Avion - Double Trouble TZE365V100426

Oct 11, 2016, 1:07:04 AM10/11/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
The 9294 and my kit have a max lift 1/4" lower than the max lift I measured
on the oem set up from the bogey pivots to the road. 1/4" less lift at the
bogeys will prevent over extension of the shocks since 1/4" at the bogeys
will be an even greater reduction of extension at the shocks.
The cone end on the 9294 is similar in design to the oem with the cone
being a separate removable piece. The bag is only permanently attached to
the plate end with the fill port.

Sully
77 eleganza 2
Seattle

Ray Erspamer

Oct 11, 2016, 9:11:33 AM10/11/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Absolutely awesome! We've needed a good option for a good replacement system. I know on my EL2 the electronic height sensors are getting harder to
find.

Great job Keith !

Keith V

Oct 11, 2016, 9:57:53 AM10/11/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Thanks Rob,
My system is a bit more complex
When getting to ride height it uses a short delay, then once height is achieved it switches to a very long delay, minutes actually.
So once it's at height it doesn't adjust very often, but if it does have to adjust, it uses a fast filter while filling or dumping.
Also when the height is close it only pulses the pressure, waits and pulses it again until it's right on.
This make it more accurate and less prone to overshoot and hunting

Nick Chapekis

Oct 11, 2016, 11:34:50 AM10/11/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Great job! But don't forget to make an ElectroLevel-sized control panel available (I'm pretty sure the PowerLevel panel is larger).
--
Nick Chapekis
Ypsilanti, MI

Keith V

Oct 11, 2016, 12:56:07 PM10/11/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Oh interesting, I thought they were the same size.
Can you get me the dimensions of the EL panel?

Nick Chapekis

Oct 11, 2016, 3:22:21 PM10/11/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
There are actually two types of EL panels that I am aware of, one located beneath the driver's window, the other mounted in the dash. I can get you
the dimensions of the driver's window panel, however not until I get back out to my coach (it lives in a storage yard away from my home). Here are
what the two panels look like:

http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/data/500/ELb.jpg

http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/data/500/ELa.jpg

Wally Anderson

Oct 11, 2016, 8:11:17 PM10/11/16
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Keith V wrote on Thu, 06 October 2016 18:37
> Finally ready to show off the working prototype
>
> Introducing Microlevel.
> Totally electronic
> microprocessor controlled
> True height measuring sensors
> Horizon leveling
> RF remote control
> Replaces PowerLevel and ElectroLevel

That is cool thanks for developing it.
--
Wally Anderson
1975 Glenbrook

Bryan Hartman

Mar 12, 2017, 6:29:36 PM3/12/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Is this still a preview or is this system available now?
--
1977 Palm Beach

Keith V

Mar 13, 2017, 9:58:46 AM3/13/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
I need to finish the height sensor bracket. Problem is I live in Minnesota, my coach is parked outside and the weather isn't cooperating.

I hope to be ready for some beta testers pretty darn soon

________________________________
Mar 13, 2017, 5:08:31 PM3/13/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Steve I sent you an email...

________________________________
Mar 13, 2017, 9:28:27 PM3/13/17
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
your ham hands would have to fit into a hole about 1/8" diameter.
It's not going to be pressed accidentally, you have to work at it, think paper clip
--
Keith Vasilakes
Mounds View. MN

Johnny Bridges via Gmclist