Error 008

Why Bill? Why?

Sep 30, 2007, 5:25:37 PM9/30/07
to Gmail-Users
Frustration.

September 30th 2007, the day that my gmail account was rendered
useless. I can no longer email an attachment, or for that matter save
a draft of that email containing the attachment. This is new problem,
for which I have no clue as to its genesis.

Perhaps IE and Gmail are duking it out in my machine. I just hope
that they both get tired and allow normal operations to resume.

If anyone has any information please post something.

Fuzzy Logic

Sep 30, 2007, 5:58:45 PM9/30/07
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
I had this problem a while back and it cleared up on its own after
only a couple hours. Patience is the answer.

Fuzzy

consultwin

Oct 2, 2007, 3:22:21 PM10/2/07
to Gmail-Users
The exact same thing has happened to me as of Friday, September 28,
7:30 a.m. It's Tuesday, October 2nd 3:22 p.m., no change. I use this
mail for my home office and it is driving me absolutely
mad.............

maganap

Nov 6, 2007, 9:17:36 AM11/6/07
to Gmail-Users
Hi!

I had the same problem but it was very random. So then we noticed that
there's a new laptop in the office with Windows Vista installed. I'm
using Windows XP.
There might be some kind of connection problem caused by Vista (since
every other computer at the office got the same error 008 from gmail,
whether they were connected wireless or wired to the network).

So... disconnecting from the network the laptop with Windows Vista
(and turning the radio transmitter off) actually made that our gmail
accounts from the rest of the machines using XP started to work
perfectly. Later we noticed that chanching to a newer router device
(and another brand) also worked.

Hope this helps.

Esoteric Hatter

Nov 6, 2007, 7:32:28 PM11/6/07
to Gmail-Users
Hey

I'm am experiencing this same problem now. I cannot send attachemnts
or even draft an email with an attachments and save it. I have and
always was on XP. The only thing I've installed since the last time i
was able to send attachments was MS.NET framework 2.0. I have
isolated this to my one computer. This only seems to happen on this
computer at home. This doesnt happen on my computer at work, a
computer on my network or a VPC running on this problem computer.
This has bee going on for 2 days. any ideas of whats's happening?

> > > If anyone has any information please post something.- Hide quoted text -

Esoteric Hatter

Nov 7, 2007, 7:01:40 AM11/7/07
to Gmail-Users
Oky my problem was resolved some what. When I upgraded from IE6 to
IE7, which was weird becauseall the other PC's where I didnt't get
this message i was using IE6.

Esoteric Hatter

Nov 7, 2007, 8:09:47 AM11/7/07
to Gmail-Users
I was wrong it wasn't fully fixed by upgrading to IE7. I get a
similar error when I try to send a folder that is zipped up and
contains excel documents with links to each other. itsabout 160KB
zipped up. the message I get is

---------------------------
Windows Internet Explorer
---------------------------
Oops... a server error occurred and your email was not sent. (#008)
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Its not quite the same as the original error but still has the 008
error code.

Esoteric Hatter

Nov 18, 2007, 5:07:41 PM11/18/07
to Gmail-Users
I still had problems after a week ... but solved my problem by
formatting .. =|

On Nov 7, 8:09 am, Esoteric Hatter <brian.aramb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wrong it wasn't fully fixed by upgrading to IE7. I get a
> similar error when I try to send a folder that is zipped up and
> contains excel documents with links to each other. itsabout 160KB
> zipped up. the message I get is
>
> ---------------------------
> Windows Internet Explorer
> ---------------------------
> Oops... a server error occurred and your email was not sent. (#008)
> OK
>
> Its not quite the same as the original error but still has the 008
> error code.

chris sommer

Nov 19, 2007, 12:22:24 PM11/19/07
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
cool it sound like you know what you are doing that great later