Bouced Back from Comcast.net Not our customer ( state 14)

Eithu

Dec 12, 2008, 10:21:24 PM12/12/08
to Gmail-Users
When sending to comcast email account, the mail bounced back with
following failure.

What does that mean???

It was sent out from corporate mail address hosted by google and SSL
complaint.

Does it mean that the recipient address is not valid???
Please help interpret this state 14 error code from Comcast. Thx -
Eithu

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
recipient
domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further
information about the cause of this error. The error that the other
server
returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 Not our Customer (state 14).

Nick Chirchirillo

Dec 14, 2008, 11:59:59 AM12/14/08
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
It does sound to me like the email address you are sending to does not exist.  I would suggest you confirm that you are using the correct address.
--
-Nick

miran osabnik

Dec 14, 2008, 12:05:13 PM12/14/08
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
I simply means than the address or user you are trying to reach,
doesnt seam to have an account on that domain. Is there any other way
you could reach this person, just to verify the address? Or try again
later, sometimes its just a temporary problem thats resolved in a
short time.

--
Miran Ošabnik
Phantom Design Labs Ltd.