Problems with a google mail account a tlocal ISP/phoneservice provider TSTT in Trinidad and Tobago

Kelvin Scoon

Jan 11, 2009, 7:37:19 PM1/11/09
to Gmail-Users
After not being online for about 3 days I tried to open my account nd
found that my acounts wer not available.
I called TSTT's support and reset the passwords.

Now that I have opened one of the accounts ai find my list of filtered
and starred conversations hve been "migrated".
Could someone help me to:
1 find and retrieve the site/folder to where the conversations have
been migrated?

Kelvin Scoon
PS; A email confirming change of password for the other emsil account
has not aeeived after more than an hour.

Kelvin Scoon

Russell Zen

Jan 12, 2009, 11:21:58 AM1/12/09
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
unused/idle accounts, that is, after 9 months*.

On 1/12/09, Russell Zen <neilthe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Errr.. your accounts should still be available. Gmail doesn't close accounts within three days, they close accounts after 9 months

--
Neil the Cellist.

My art I don't really like because I stole an image:
http://img212.echo.cx/img212/8640/niel24lu.jpg

My art that I like because I handmade the image:
http://img190.echo.cx/img190/523/neilthecellist5zh.gif
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/DJ-Unowned/350%20x%20100%20New%20Sigs/DEUnownedHalflifeGordan2.jpg

Russell Zen

Jan 12, 2009, 11:21:36 AM1/12/09
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Errr.. your accounts should still be available. Gmail doesn't close accounts within three days, they close accounts after 9 months

Andrew Ingraham

Jan 12, 2009, 12:48:58 PM1/12/09
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Does this question have anything to do with Gmail?

As far as I can tell, you called your local ISP (TSTT) and had them reset
the passwords on your accounts. I can't imagine that your local ISP would
be able to reset your Gmail accounts, so I can only guess that your
"accounts" are not Gmail accounts.

Perhaps your ISP uses Gmail as its email provider (since I hear some ISPs
are doing that). If that is so, then there might be something unique to
their version of Gmail that doesn't apply to the rest of the world. So I
think you should go through TSTT to track this problem down.

I am not aware of anything in Gmail that would be called "migrated."
(Where/how did you see that?)

If you really have regular Gmail, then all your messages should be in "All
mail" (except for the ones that are in "Spam" or "Trash").

Andy

> After not being online for about 3 days I tried to open my account nd
> found that my acounts wer not available.
> I called TSTT's support and reset the passwords.
>
> Now that I have opened one of the accounts ai find my list of filtered
> and starred conversations hve been "migrated".
> Could someone help me to:
> 1 find and retrieve the site/folder to where the conversations have
> been migrated?

Russell Zen

Jan 12, 2009, 2:20:11 PM1/12/09
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Yeah... Now that I think about it, it's highly plausible that the OP is talking about his ISP's linked email addresses. My feeling is that it has nothing to do with Gmail.

Otherwise, how did Kelvin send his opening email to begin with?

Sean Murphy

Jan 14, 2009, 9:38:32 AM1/14/09
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
    Unless he opened a second account in order to ask for help, in which case it sounds a bit like his first account might have been hijacked - like someone figured out his password and changed it, as well as the backup email address to send reset requests to...

--Seanatron takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

Andrew Ingraham

Jan 14, 2009, 11:30:49 AM1/14/09
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
> Otherwise, how did Kelvin send his opening email to begin with?

You do not need email to post to a Googlegroup.  You can also login to the group directly and write a new post, without ever having to use your email.

Andy

Kelvin Scoon

Jan 15, 2009, 6:02:15 AM1/15/09
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Guys,
After working with my ISPs help desk for a while. I found the migrated email and reset the account as my default.

But I still don't know what Migrated means (in gmail) and why it occured.

Kelvin