difficulty typing into a new message

dcjr

Nov 15, 2008, 7:16:52 PM11/15/08
to Gmail-Users
When I compose a new message in gmail many of my keystrokes are not
being recognized. At first I thought there was problem with my
keboard. But I quickly opened other applications like MS Word and I
did not have any problems typing. Nor am I having any problems typing
this message.

Has anybody had this problem before? How did you fix it?

ralph osuna jr.

Nov 15, 2008, 8:39:05 PM11/15/08
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
yes, alot of us have had this. i found going to the old version by clicking on the tab in the upper right hand corner and using the old version takes care of that problem. the only problem then was that each time you left the old and came back, your were in the new version again with the same problem. then andy sent the following url for the old version and several of us went into and saved it to our desktops and just go there instead of the new version. try it.
http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1

surfsalterpath

Jan 14, 2009, 3:41:27 PM1/14/09
to Gmail-Users
this is a major problem that gmail needs to repair. I am not sure if
it is gmail or vista or the combination
of the 2 but it might drive me away from gmail. No problem on my xp
laptop. But the vista/gmail
keystroke problem is maddening!

Get on it google dudes.

On Nov 15 2008, 8:39 pm, "ralph osuna jr." <coolg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *yes, alot of us have had this. i found going to the old version by clicking
> on the tab in the upper right hand corner and using the old version takes
> care of that problem. the only problem then was that each time you left the
> old and came back, your were in the new version again with the same problem.
> then andy sent the following url for the old version and several of us went
> into and saved it to our desktops and just go there instead of the new
> version. try it.*http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1
> On 11/15/08, dcjr <dcastillo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > When I compose a new message in gmail many of my keystrokes are not
> > being recognized.  At first I thought there was problem with my
> > keboard.  But I quickly opened other applications like MS Word and I
> > did not have any problems typing.  Nor am I having any problems typing
> > this message.
>
> > Has anybody had this problem before?  How did you fix it?- Hide quoted text -

Nick Chirchirillo

Jan 14, 2009, 7:16:24 PM1/14/09
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Have you looked at the Known Issuses page? http://mail.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=known_issues.cs#

Google is well aware that this problem is out there and is working on it.  The best thing you can do go to that page and report that the problem is happening to you.  Since GMail is a web application, you don't HAVE to use Internet Explorer to use it, so you may want to try downloading another browser and seeing if you still have the problem.  I would suggest Firefox (http://getfirefox.com).  It's faster and more secure than IE could ever hope to be :)
--
-Nick

Russell Zen

Jan 14, 2009, 8:47:19 PM1/14/09
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
While you're at it installing Firefox, I highly suggest you install WOT. Google that.
--
Neil the Cellist.

My art I don't really like because I stole an image:
http://img212.echo.cx/img212/8640/niel24lu.jpg

My art that I like because I handmade the image:
http://img190.echo.cx/img190/523/neilthecellist5zh.gif
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/DJ-Unowned/350%20x%20100%20New%20Sigs/DEUnownedHalflifeGordan2.jpg

Ann Moss

Jan 15, 2009, 10:49:32 AM1/15/09
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the help.  It looks like the problem is solved.