return of Message rejected/ answer=69585

Alexander

Jan 19, 2011, 6:08:10 PM1/19/11
to Gmail-Users
for the past two weeks or so i have had my outbound email blocked /
unsent and have gotten this message

Message rejected. See http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=69585
for more information.

not all the time, not only when emailing groups, or with attachments,
or any other variable i have noticed.

any help on what to do?

back in 08 and 09 there were folks have this same problem, apparently,
though the issue seemed to have resolved itself. haven't been able to
find more recent incidents

Andy

Jan 20, 2011, 9:57:03 AM1/20/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
> for the past two weeks or so i have had my outbound email blocked /
> unsent and have gotten this message
>

> Message rejected.  See http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=69585
> for more information.
>
> not all the time, not only when emailing groups, or with attachments,
> or any other variable i have noticed.
>
> any help on what to do?

If you are sending messages to an email group to which you are
subscribed, are you sure that you are subscribed to that email group
with the address you used to send the email that bounces?  Most email
groups are set up to reject incoming emails from an address that is
not registered for the group (i.e., posts are allowed from "members
only").

For example, if you are subscribed as "abc @ something.com", and you
have your emails on that account forwarded to your "def @ gmail.com"
account. Then, even though you can receive and read emails from the
group in your Gmail account, you cannot send emails to the group from
the Gmail account because it isn't the one that is subscribed to the
group.

Many email groups also reject attachments, or emails with attachments.
 Email attachments are a very good way to spread computer virii, or to
overload hundreds of email accounts with annoyingly huge emails, which
is why they are frowned upon (and rejected by) most email groups.

You might try contacting the moderators of those email groups where
you are having these problems, since your emails are being rejected on
their end.

Regards,
Andy