Forwarding yahoo mail to gmail

mediatalk

Mar 21, 2011, 7:26:49 PM3/21/11
to Gmail-Users
I keep getting this error message, "the combination email address and
password are invalid," yet I know I'm putting in the correct email and
password. This pops up when I'm logged into my gmail account and in
the Import tab of my account. HELP!

Allan Lobeck

Mar 22, 2011, 4:28:21 AM3/22/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
are you using mail plus in Yahoo?  I want to do this so after you get it figured out please let me know how to forward all my Yahoo emails

Thanks

Allan A. Lobeck
1-281-932-7841
allan....@gmail.com
Picture

Zack (Doc)

Mar 22, 2011, 6:23:05 AM3/22/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
Ok... not to be too picky, but that's not forwarding, that's retrieving.

But we have to be a bit picky, as it's a HUGE difference.  Forwarding involves Yahoo sending the messages to GMail, or wherever you want them.  Retrieving involves GMail logging into Yahoo to go get the messages.

I don't know about forwarding from Yahoo, as I haven't used my account in a LONG time, so I don't know if you can do it, but would hope it's one of their newer features.  As far as retrieving, as Allan was getting at, I believe you have to have Yahoo mail plus in order to be able to do it.  Again, I haven't used in years, so they may have made that a free feature.

Randy Harmelink

Mar 22, 2011, 6:53:40 AM3/22/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
Forwarding Yahoo emails is easy with Yahoo Mail Plus. Just go to the "Options" drop-down and click on the "More Options..." choice. Then click on the "POP & Forwarding" choice. Then just click on the "Forward your Yahoo! Mail" radio button and enter the email address you want your Yahoo mail forwarded to.

Allan Lobeck

Mar 22, 2011, 10:47:40 AM3/22/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com, Zack (Doc)
Yes it requires a Yahoo email plus account

Marko Vukovic

Mar 22, 2011, 6:43:46 AM3/22/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Zack (Doc) <za...@tnan.net> wrote:
Ok... not to be too picky, but that's not forwarding, that's retrieving.

But we have to be a bit picky, as it's a HUGE difference.  Forwarding involves Yahoo sending the messages to GMail, or wherever you want them.  Retrieving involves GMail logging into Yahoo to go get the messages.

I don't know about forwarding from Yahoo, as I haven't used my account in a LONG time, so I don't know if you can do it, but would hope it's one of their newer features.  As far as retrieving, as Allan was getting at, I believe you have to have Yahoo mail plus in order to be able to do it.  Again, I haven't used in years, so they may have made that a free feature.

Hi Doc

Indeed they are completely different things. Just for SnG I logged into my Yahoo account and it wants Mail Plus to do either of the two. See below...

POP & Forwarding

Upgrade to Mail Plus so you can:
  • download your Yahoo! Mail in an email client, such as Outlook
  • forward your Yahoo! Mail to a different address
--
Marko

karina

Mar 23, 2011, 8:05:02 AM3/23/11
to Gmail-Users
Unlike gmail, Yahoo charges for forwarding emails. The charge for
Yahoo Mail Plus is $19.99 annually.