error code 705...

tonysoretro

Jun 20, 2006, 1:24:57 PM6/20/06
to Gmail-Lounge
I'm receiving the above error code in Gmail when trying to send
messages. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. My Gmail was
down earlier as well. I couldn't even log in. Thanks in advance...

Eric Cranston

Jun 20, 2006, 1:35:18 PM6/20/06
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
trying clearing your cache in your browser

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8840&query=clear+cache&topic=0&type=f

How do I clear my cache?

To clear your cache in Internet Explorer:
  1. Log out of your Gmail account. Close all other open browser windows.
  2. Click the 'Tools' menu at the top of your browser, and select 'Internet Options.'
  3. Click the 'General' tab at the top of the dialogue box.
  4. Click 'Delete Files' under 'Temporary Internet files.'
  5. Select 'Delete all offline content' by checking the box.
  6. Click 'OK.'
To clear your cache in Mozilla and Netscape:
  1. Log out of your Gmail account. Close all other open browser windows.
  2. Click the 'Edit' menu at the top of your browser, and select 'Preferences.'
  3. Click the '+' next to 'Advanced.'
  4. Select 'Cache' under 'Advanced.'
  5. Click 'Clear Cache.'
  6. Click 'OK.'
To clear your cache in Mozilla Firefox:
  1. Log out of your Gmail account. Close all other open browser windows.
  2. Click the 'Tools' menu at the top of your browser, and select 'Options.'
  3. Click 'Privacy.'
  4. Click 'Clear' next to 'Cache.'
  5. Click 'OK.'

To clear your cache in Safari:

  1. Log out of your Gmail account. Close all other open browser windows.
  2. Open the 'Safari' menu on your browser's toolbar.
  3. Select 'Empty Cache.'
  4. Click 'Empty' in the dialogue box.
In some cases, it may be necessary to clear your cache more than once.
--
Mechanical Turk Monitor - http://mechanical-turk.blogspot.com/

tonysoretro

Jun 20, 2006, 1:46:09 PM6/20/06
to Gmail-Lounge
I cleared the cache a few times and it did not work. I signed out of
Gmail and tried to sign back in from the regular login screen and from
Firefox's Gmail Notifier to no avail. I signed into my Yahoo Account
with no problem. Came up with a message that Gmail is experiencing
technical difficulties. Should I just wait and see if it's a Gmail
internal problem?

Eric Cranston

Jun 21, 2006, 3:09:33 AM6/21/06
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
ya there's reports of some server crashes...so just wait and cross your fingers

tonysoretro

Jun 21, 2006, 9:57:18 AM6/21/06
to Gmail-Lounge
My Gmail is finally working. I can see some people switching to
another email service due to this server problem. I'm checking for a
back-up right now!

The Prince of Darkness

Jun 22, 2006, 4:06:02 AM6/22/06
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com